Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grip strengthener for hang cleans?

crayonofdoom

What can I do to strengthen my grip on the bar specifacally for hang cleans? I know I could do at least 10-15 lbs. more than my current max, but I can't keep a tight hold on the bar! Do the hand held grip strentheners work for that purpose?

The usual static holds, squeezing the bar as tight as you can

and HOOK grip!

Makes a big differences, you need to use with high speed lifts, but you need to get used to it. Put lots of chalk on your thumb when hooking.

CoolColJ said:
The usual static holds, squeezing the bar as tight as you can

and HOOK grip!

Makes a big differences, you need to use with high speed lifts, but you need to get used to it. Put lots of chalk on your thumb when hooking.

i think im going to have to agree with you here :D

plus when/if you do deadlifts, keep em raw :mad:

ok thanks wasn't sure if the hook would be safe on heavy clans ( dunno why?) but you guys use it on cleans then right? I'll try it, butjust want to make sure you have...

Well elite oly lifters use it on lifts far heavier than any of us will ever do so I say its safe :)

Some powerlifetrs use it on 800+ deads too..

start light to get used to it, otherwise it will feel like your thumb is getting crushed to bits :D

Never knew about this, thanks a lot.

What happened to Askem, any updates on his condition?

I'm rehearsed (?) in using the hook grip on DL's, I use it on my heaviest ones, but I was just making sure it is safe SPECIFICALLY for hang/power cleans. Just don't want to make my thumb get broken somehow haha, but thanks man!

Top Bottom