Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DC Training - My log

Some even longer. At my strongest I would rest 5-10 minutes. :)

I am not nearly as strong as you but I do need a long pause as well when I do these heavy exercises. About 4-6 minutes on the heavy squats and deads. I did SS's today on squats and got up to 500 lbs X 10 reps. I needed those 5 minutes in between sets just to let my body readjust and decompress. For some reason, leg presses are not nearly as taxing on my body and I am going over twice as much weight. Any ideas why that is?

Leg presses are great but so many factors are left out when using a free movement versus a machine. Simply you have alot more muscles involved when you squat. :) And strength is relative. If you gotta rest, you gotta rest. The point is to be rested enough to kick ass for those hard sets. AND it sounds like you are! 500x10 is AWESOME!!!

So rest as long as you need. Everyone is different.

Leg presses are great but so many factors are left out when using a free movement versus a machine. Simply you have alot more muscles involved when you squat. :) And strength is relative. If you gotta rest, you gotta rest. The point is to be rested enough to kick ass for those hard sets. AND it sounds like you are! 500x10 is AWESOME!!!

So rest as long as you need. Everyone is different.

Thank you Future for the exlpination. I figured the angle also played a key role in just how much the body is taxed and also not having to move your own body weight would be a factor.
I was checking out your vids and man o man are you a power house. You're moving iron on squats that I can only dream of and with all the control in the world. Mad respect Future!

Thanks!

Yes, you are dead on. Your body will angle so your errectors, glutes and hams get pulled into the lift. Just shouldering the bar can really wear you down. I actually have met guys that could leg press more than me but barely do a triple squatting a shallow 405 lbs. but they still had great legs too. Its all relative.

Biomechanics helps someone like me. Short femur, long tibia, wide waist...right from the start I was set up for squatting alot.

Thanks!

Yes, you are dead on. Your body will angle so your errectors, glutes and hams get pulled into the lift. Just shouldering the bar can really wear you down. I actually have met guys that could leg press more than me but barely do a triple squatting a shallow 405 lbs. but they still had great legs too. Its all relative.

Biomechanics helps someone like me. Short femur, long tibia, wide waist...right from the start I was set up for squatting alot.[/QUOTE]

I never even thought about that. I am wide especially in the hips/waist area and also have a low center of gravity. I might not ever get a tiny waist like Toney Freeman but I can squat pretty heavy LOL. Geez what is that like 7 plates/side you're using on the video. Yikes!
Thanks for the insight. Your arm workout is cool too. Short and to the point!

bro, listen to everything SL is saying. You did this leg session totally wrong. No big deal, just listen to SL, and make the fixes. It will work better. A TON of trial and error went into this over many years by Dante. It is setup the way it is for a reason.

Keep it up brother!

I think I read on intensemuscle.com that 12-4-2 is the way to go.

Why do you feel 12-6-2 is better?

i didnt add that the numbers are just a target range. the absolute failure on the first set it predicted by you your target is 12 but you get what you get. the reps you get on your following are also to absolute failure and can be adjusted by the duration of the pause. the way i do squats and deads is the same way as my other lifts buy i drop the weight half the time and the other half the time i do 1 straight set. so 1 set of say 8 squats followed by a 20 rep 1 weak then the next weak i do the rest pause but i drop the weight so that i keep hitting the same 8 or 10 reps from start to finish

Some even longer. At my strongest I would rest 5-10 minutes. :)

Damn. I rest for 60 secs which is probably why I can't go that heavy, relatively speaking. I'll rest longer and see what I can do.

bro, listen to everything SL is saying. You did this leg session totally wrong. No big deal, just listen to SL, and make the fixes. It will work better. A TON of trial and error went into this over many years by Dante. It is setup the way it is for a reason.

Keep it up brother!

Thanks CEO! I'm definately taking SL's opinion on this one. I'll change the way I did the leg workout. I'll keep this log updated and in a few weeks, I'm sure I would've perfected everything I'm supposed to do with DC with you and everyone else's help. This is what this thread is for :)

Top Bottom