Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulk Routine Advice

cwick0 said:
once you switch things up see if the pain is lessened. That should help you determine what the cause of the pain is.

cwick0,
I have started doing BB incline then DB flat one week, then BB flat, DB incline another week, and it feels much better. I must have just put too much stress on my shoulders and foreams with all DB presses. Thanks!

Heres are a few sample diets from my journal back in September of 1999 when I was at 169lbs, and 2 pictures from around that time. I was trying to get back into the 170-180's after losing ALOT of weight from a graveyard shift, missing meals, and was pissed. Thats when I first got dedicated to my meals. Looking this shit over just reminded me, Cream of Wheat, the cinnamon flavor, that shit was great for carbs. I think Ill pick up some today! I should add that most of the meals listed as protein shake were likely "The Beast 1200" a weight gainer I used at the time. Id often go through 4 jugs a month which equaled a small car payment at the time. So a shake could be 2-4 scoops of the weight gainer and if I took 8 scoops a day that was 400 of my carbs, 112 grams of protein and 2400 calories right there.Its not specified in my journal so Im not sure which were protein shakes and which were weight gainer. But I did count meticulously at the time. I would generally shoot for 8 scoops a day of the weight gainer, and sometimes hit 12 scoops.

490624-med.jpg

490623-med.jpg

Sample Diet #1: (A minimum of 275 grams protein, 5,830 calories,711 carbs)

Meal 1: Protein bar

Meal 2: Protein shake (possibly weight gainer)

Meal 3: 2 chicken breasts in salsa, a can of veggies, Large baked potato with sour cream

Meal 4: Protein shake (possibly weight gainer)

Meal 5: 1 1/2 large steaks, 2 potatoes and 2 packets "Cream of Wheat"

Meal 6: 9 buffalo wings, 2 baked potatoes

Meal 7: Protein shake (possibly weight gainer), chicken breast with salsa

(some soda too. :FRlol: :FRlol: Had to buy food in bulk at this time, and it did get expensive. I went through 1500$ (all I had) within a few months eating like this. I also ate fast food often which was the biggest expense of all)

Sample Diet 2: (312 grams protein, 801 carbs, 5,700 calories)

Meal 1: Protein shake (possibly weight gainer)

Meal 2: Protein bar

Meal 3: Protein shake (possibly weight gainer)

Meal 4: 2 chicken breasts in salsa, 2 baked potatoes, veggies

Meal 5: A steak, 2 potatoes, can of veggies, 2 packets "Cream of Wheat"

Meal 6: 2 turkey burgers

Meal 7: Protein shake (possibly weight gainer)

(Since I dont know which were the weight gainers, and which were just protein shakes I cant label them for sure. But I would usually take 4 scoops of the weight gainer upon waking and the last 4 scoop before sleeping. So they wouldnt be too close to eachother at all. At 1200 calories a piece they filled me up more then enough. I was also only 169lbs and hated to eat, so mostly all of this was force feeding. It was the intense desire that made me force it down)

And lastly, I dug up this day from one of my journals on the date 7-30-02 when I hit a record high of 441 grams of protein total. My best eating day ever. Never broke 400 again, and it took around 24 hours Im guessing, with naps or I may have stayed up straight through. Cant remember. If I tried to consume this much in 12 hours it would probabally make me sick. Here it is:

Sample Diet 3: (441 grams of protein, didnt calculate the rest)

Snack: Bowl of cereal with milk

Meal 1: Five scoops of "The Beast 1200" ( 70 grams protein, 1500 calories, 250 carbs)

Meal 2: "Pure Pro" shake

Meal 3: 2 scoops of whey powder

Meal 4: Buffalo chicken strips, fries, corn and brownie (A "Hungry Man" TV dinner that Id often get)

Meal 5: 12oz of shrimp

Snack: 4 slices of bologne

Meal 6: Five scoops of "The Beast 1200" ( 70 grams protein, 1500 calories, 250 carbs)

PLUS: 72 ounces of milk total throughout the day

More food then I can probabally process efficiently. haha So as you can see, quite different then my recent diet journal. This was and still is the most efficient way for me to bulk. Its extremely difficult for me to eat like this these days, and Im 195 now. Its a matter of forcive habit. It can also get expensive. Hope that helps!!

Thanks WalkingBeast for the diet post. I have actually thought about bucking up and drinking an additional shake per day and bumping up my scoops per shake to 4 or 5. Its just so much easier and convienent than preparing/eating a big meal. With my work and other things it just makes more sense. Im doing pretty good so far, but if I could bump up my diet another notch, Id see better results. thanks!

suburbanhub said:
Thanks WalkingBeast for the diet post. I have actually thought about bucking up and drinking an additional shake per day and bumping up my scoops per shake to 4 or 5. Its just so much easier and convienent than preparing/eating a big meal. With my work and other things it just makes more sense. Im doing pretty good so far, but if I could bump up my diet another notch, Id see better results. thanks!

No problem brother!! Glad to help! Ive always been into getting the meals in anyway possible. If I could get it all in on weight gainer shakes, or all at once I most likely would. The diet definately makes all the difference when training hard. Keep it up brother!!

Yeah, I used to be scepticle about drinking so many shakes... now I think differently and have no problem with drinking that many. I eat good enough whole foods to compensate I think. Like you, the only bad part is, its really expensive. I can go though a tub a week, easy.

suburbanhub said:
..wanted to bump this up onto this page...

Hey guys. Ive had such good success with feedback on my questions, I am going to throw this one out there too. After a routine physical, I found that my total test was only 300 mg/dl. Definately in the low end range. I have been feeling lazy and not energized for some time now and my doctor is suggesting testosterone therapy. I agreed, a 33 year old shouldnt feel this lazy and have test that low. Long story short, I go in for my first injection of 200/mg of Depo Test next week. He wants to get my count up to around 800 mg/dl, which I assume I havent had those levels in years, but just didnt know it. In all Im pretty excited about the prospect of 'feeling better'. So here's my question to ya'll: Even with 200 mg Depo every few weeks, would I see ANY change at all in my strength. Is that even enough to assist in lean body mass with good workouts and diet? The whole goal of this is make me feel better, but if some benefits bleed over into my workouts, thats a welcome plus for me! What do ya'll think?

Top Bottom