Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps on Male olympic gymnists are HUGE

Elementality

HUGEEEEEE, yet the rest of their body is tiny. Thought biceps were all about doing compound movements and letting everything grow in proportion yet these guys look like they could do 50 pull ups but not even bench/squat their own body weight.

I think your being a bit harsh. They weigh like 65-70, they could easily squat this.

Think about how high they leap on the floor. U'd need strong legs for that. And a lot of them have impressive shoulders too - consider the shoulder strength in rings - and although I've not seen any of these shirtless, I imagine pretty good abs.

Having said that, the gymnasts this year look smaller than b4 - perhaps because of the dominance of the Chinese

(Oh and Alicia Sacromone is hot - actually looks like an adult woman)

I think gymnasts have great proportions. The biceps have to be really strong because the are the muscles that keep the distal part of the arm attached! The biceps are hypertrophied by all of the body weight pulling that they have to do. Gymnasts never do any isolation exercises in regular training.

I agree gymnasts have great proportions except for perhaps their legs are skinny relatively speaking

only one with tig ol bitties. fc*k yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. id let her do the floor routine to me anyday nah meannn heh

(Oh and Alicia Sacromone is hot - actually looks like an adult woman)[/QUOTE]

Male gymnast weigh 120-135 typically. And are like 5'2".

Their biceps are disproportionally large to the rest of their arms. Look at Andrew horton on the USA team. His biceps are way bigger proportionally to his body, and he weighs 125 lbs. 5'1" tall. He's a midget.

Elementality said:
true, i didnt realize how small they were in height.

Pure physics, classical mechanics, to be precise. Imagine how tough it would be to do a lateral raise if your arms were 3 inches longer (a lot!), now if you multiply that through every joint in the body, a 6'2" gymnast would have to fight against double the force across some joints when completing his routine in comparison to a 5"2' guy with the same proportions. Not saying some tall guys can't do it, but this is the olympics, so everybody has the ideal body, all the swimmers are tall, all of the high jumpers are ectomorphs, etc.

Top Bottom