Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Barefoot Squats

coxman

I have been training for at least 15 years and I am usually skeptical when it comes to trying new training techniques. Let me just say this...squatting barefoot is awesome! I am able to go lower at the bottom and man my calves were so pumped after squatting (not to mention my upper legs) that when I looked in the mirror they looked like someone elses legs! Shit I am hooked on squatting barefoot and I cant wait to deadlift barefoot this Monday when I do my back workout. The difference I felt is like night and day I will be shoeless when working wheels from now on.

Did you have to reduce your weight to squat barfoot? I've thought about trying this but I'm still relatively new to squatting below parallel.

Dude , that's awesome.

I really want to try it.

I always contemplated working squats and DL barefoot, however, I am too worried of the way it will be received by the jerk offs in my university gym.

vin01 said:
Dude , that's awesome.

I really want to try it.

I always contemplated working squats and DL barefoot, however, I am too worried of the way it will be received by the jerk offs in my university gym.

College is the place where you are supposed to stop caring about what those jerk offs think.

beerdrinker said:
College is the place where you are supposed to stop caring about what those jerk offs think.
I hear ya..I felt a little funny at first but if you wear black athletic ankle socks you can just slip out of your shoes leaving the socks on..relatively same as barefoot just not as noticeable..
To answer another question yes, I did drop the weight on my first set but funny thing is I felt stronger without the shoes so my next rep I bumped the weight up. I dont want to go ape shit and hurt myself feeling good and using too much weight but each week I'll climb up a little in weight till I feel totally used to it. Im 6'3 with long legs so it really helps me almost reach my calves on the bottom...but not quite. If anyone here trys it let me know what you think..it totally wakes up your lower wheels and just feels right.

Top Bottom