Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

6 months, no gains only fat

Ascendacy1

Details, I'm 16 years old male, been lifting for about a year. 5 ft 4 130lbs. 16-19%bf . Last Ocotober I decided to take lifting seriously and do p90x, by January I was done, I gained 20lbs of muscle. 95-100 lbs before, 115 when p90x ended. Rested until beginning of February. Decided to take my training to a new level so I joined a gym. I haven't gained any muscle since then, only fat. I get 7 hours of sleep every night, with 2,500 - 3000 calories a day. 50% from carbs, 40% from protein and 10% from fats. My routine is(same since feb)

Mon Chest&Tris
Decline BB Bench 4 sets of 15,12,10,8
Incline Db bench 4 sets of 12,10,8,6
Flat Db bench 4 sets of 12,10,8,6
Overhead tricep press 4 sets of 10,10,10,10

Tues back&bis

BB rows 4x15,12,10,8
DB rows 4x12,10,8,6
Standard pullups 4x12,10,8,6
BB curls & hammer curls 4x10,10,10,10

Shoulders & Legs

Db press 4x12,10,10,8
Side raise 4x12,10,10,8
Upright row 4x15,12,10,8
Shrugs 4x12,10,10,8
Alternating and lateral raise 4x12,10,10,8
Squats 3x20,15,10
Leg extensions 3x16,14,12
Leg curls 3x16,14,12

Enlighten me

No compund lifts.
Add deadlifts, pull ups, and rows on back day

Add benchpress and dips on chest day

Squat on leg day

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EliteFitness

130 lbs.. cut out the bullshit movements and focus on big lifts and 8-12 reps

When are you eating your carbs? Also replace decline bench with parallel bar dips, split out shoulders and legs onto separate days, add deads to back day, lose the leg curls and leg extensions and replace with big movements like leg press, Romanian deadlifts, hack squats etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using EliteFitness

everyone made great suggestions above.. let me simplify what was said

1. compound lifts.. join your weightlifting team at school.. free coaching and you are light where you you can compete with the smaller dudes
2. how do you know you gained just muscle the first time (you didn't cause thats not possible) and then gained just fat since (not possible either)
3. post pics before and after
4. how do you know your current body fat? with those stats you aren't 19% body fat i can assure you or atleast its highly unlikely.
5. genetics might be your enemy here. i once worked out with a friend the entire summer and i gained a shit load of strength and he went almost nowhere. but that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy this lifestyle and still gain SOME strength

and also you only been training a short time and are young.. the gains will come.. do you really think at 16 you have peaked? when i started training at 15 i was probably 115 pounds myself. Rome wasn't built overnight.. now i'm in my 30's and just now getting to 205 without being a fat piece of turd lol at 5' 6"

also balancing running with lifting is important if you are having a tough time keeping off fat. lift for 45 minutes and then do a light jog for 20 minutes after.. that will do wonders for your fat concerns

Well, I can tell you this: You don't need 3000 calories a day IMO. At your weight 2500 should be more than sufficient if your macros are really where you say they are.

Well, I can tell you this: You don't need 3000 calories a day IMO. At your weight 2500 should be more than sufficient if your macros are really where you say they are.

This, hovering around 170 and I only eat 3k a day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EliteFitness

i was thinking more like 2100, because i'm not convinced he's "active"...

also... 50% carbs?? why type of carbs?? pizza or donuts ??

or dark green vegetables??

Top Bottom