Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

6 months, no gains only fat

So because you don't "feel" tired immediately after a workout means you didn't do enough work?

Who told you that?

What's wrong with that?
Personally If my lifts were still around my maxes when I left the gym , it does mean I didn't do enough.

If my lifts have dropped because I worked the hell out me the muscles , then my energy pool should have significantly dropped as well

If your lifts are still around you max and you don't feel tired I don't see anything wrong with doing more. If anything we should be doing the opposite.

People should continue to lift and push through pain barriers EVEN IF you feel tired and your lifts are starting to drop!
This is what progressive overload is all about. Pushing through barrier to make those PR's

What's wrong with that?
Personally If my lifts were still around my maxes when I left the gym , it does mean I didn't do enough.

If my lifts have dropped because I worked the hell out me the muscles , then my energy pool should have significantly dropped as well

If your lifts are still around you max and you don't feel tired I don't see anything wrong with doing more. If anything we should be doing the opposite.

People should continue to lift and push through pain barriers EVEN IF you feel tired and your lifts are starting to drop!
This is what progressive overload is all about. Pushing through barrier to make those PR's

That doesn't apply to all scenarios. It applies to things like high volume training and progressive overload obviously, but if you are doing something like what I do or CEO has done with high intensity low volume training one set per body part (DC style) it changes everything on how you gauge a successful workout. You gauge the success of your workouts based on progression from the last workout and beating the log book

What's wrong with that?

Awesome, gonna see if I can max with DB bench next time after decline.

That doesn't apply to all scenarios. It applies to things like high volume training and progressive overload obviously, but if you are doing something like what I do or CEO has done with high intensity low volume training one set per body part (DC style) it changes everything on how you gauge a successful workout. You gauge the success of your workouts based on progression from the last workout and beating the log book

Because my schedule is different from week to week that means my energy levels are also variable from workout to workout. I tend to go by feel more so then then what I log the weights were. If I had more of a constant schedule and a constant workout split , I would definitely go by the logs because I would be in control of all the variables. I would guess that life for most professionals is probably similar to mine. You have to make adjustments to what you do week to week in order to keep gains coming

you guys have to remember who you are talking to.. the biggest problem with these types of forums is people don't put themsevles in others shoes.. we all don't have YOUR genetics.. at his age i doubt his energy levels are gonna have any issues.. a simple 40 minutes in the weight room and 40 minutes on the track is gonna make him light years ahead of his peers.

if he has a problem with energy all he needs is some more carbs during the day. i'm sure he can take some eggs and rice with him and snack on that before his workout

Ain't nobody got time fo 'dat!

With DC Training, I am usually pretty beat after my hour in the gym. You have to really know your body and be in touch with it. You're pushing waaayy to heavy of weights to fuck things up. One heavy rest-paused working set in the 11-20 rep range, depending on the body part. You go to failure. If you do it right you end up getting a RP set that looks something like 8 reps, then 4 reps, then 2 reps, for a total of 14 reps (RP). Sometimes it happens to be 10 reps, 6 reps, 3 reps. So next time I do that exercise, I may add 10 lbs instead of 5, or 15-20 instead of 10.

And yes, some days are better (stronger) than others. I find it usually depends on my diet. If I've eaten properly, I'm strong. If I've been busy and missed a meal or didn't have enough carbs or protein, I'm weaker. But to really do something like DC properly, you had better know your body and what it can do even from day to day. If I go in and I'm failing (not beating the logbook) on 1 exercise, but I am beating the logbook on other exercises, I just rotate a new exercise for that body part. If I am failing on all my exercises, it's time to de-load. I take a week off training altogether, then start back up at around 60-70% of the weight for 2-3 straight sets of 8-12 reps, and do that for two weeks before I go back into a blast cycle.

and no way am I recommending for this kid who is just a beginner to do DC. But a two way split like I laid out earlier done two or three times a week would be good for building strength and muscle size. Of course you gotta eat right too. 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day, and be sure to drink a gallon of water.

My bench jumped 10lbs, now doing 45lbs military press instead of 40. I'm going to add regular dls. Eating mcdonalds or fatty foods 2-4 hours before a workout makes me drowsy and lethargic. Gonna go clean, no junk. 2 or 3x a week? The week is only 7 days long. I do A on mon and B on thurs.

My bench jumped 10lbs, now doing 45lbs military press instead of 40. I'm going to add regular dls. Eating mcdonalds or fatty foods 2-4 hours before a workout makes me drowsy and lethargic. Gonna go clean, no junk. 2 or 3x a week? The week is only 7 days long. I do A on mon and B on thurs.

No shit it makes you lethargic.. Mcdonalds is awful. Google pink slime. That shit will make you never want to eat fast food again

Top Bottom