Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

6 months, no gains only fat

i was thinking more like 2100, because i'm not convinced he's "active"...

also... 50% carbs?? why type of carbs?? pizza or donuts ??

or dark green vegetables??

Indeed. I think he said 40 carbs though and 50 protein. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're probably not training hard enough. If you we're you wouldn't be getting fat even with 3000 cals and pizza and donuts. Especially not at 16 if you're healthy. If you're protein intake is high enough I mean.

Im right at your age. what helped me grow when I first started was SLEEP. go beyond 8 hours. Id come home everyday from the gym, eat and take a 3 hour nap, then wake up and eat and go to bed.. everyday. I never counted a single calorie or macro. Just use common sense with it and eat alot and sleep alot. If you feel that you put on fat do cardio 3x a week in the morning on a empty stomach

i was thinking more like 2100, because i'm not convinced he's "active"...

also... 50% carbs?? why type of carbs?? pizza or donuts ??

or dark green vegetables??

hell at that age i remember eating ice cream sandwiches and mcdonalds on our lunch breaks. didn't really have much options being a poor kid. we were allowed to leave school at lunch but none of us could afford anything better than the various fast food places around school.

i was smart enough though to avoid hard sweets though later in high school but it was hard to eat well on 5.20 an hour.. but i would eat a banana and a butterfinger before our weightlifting meets. had i had access to chicken breast and brocolli that would of been awesome. for state our coach took us to the waffle house after weigh in's lol. we sold lollipops at school to raise money for the trip and everyone had to order something under 10 bucks

if the OP can manage somehow to take some quality food with him and heat it up he would blow away his peers on that aspect of things .. boiled eggs are dirt cheap and affordable, thats a good option. better than butterfingers for sure.. maybe he can talk to mommy and have her pack some more food in his lunch box

Last edited:
Lift heavy ass weight on big compound movements 2-3 times a week. Go with a two way split and lower the volume.

Up your protein to 2 grams per pound of body weight, make sure to eat plenty of veggies and you can cut a lot of the carbs out (esp. if they are high GI). Count protein macros most importantly. Don't worry about carbs. These days you can't help but eat carbs so you will get plenty.

Make your meals protein and carbs or protein and fats. Don't combine fats and carbs, esp. sugars. So if you are eating a lot of desserts, stop. Chips? No. Drink sodas? Nope.

Get plenty of sleep. Don't be a lazy turd in the gym.

Thanks for the answers guys, my carbs are mostly from bread,oatmeal, fruits. My lifts haven't increased, can't bench my body weight anymore. Strangest thing is I feel myself getting weaker and weaker every time. Give me a routine since my current is ineffective.

Did my usual chest tris routine today, replaced skull crusher with dips 3x8 dips and took 1 set off each exercise. Hopefully I will start making gains again in a few weeks.

Jesus Christ. There are routines all over this board. Like I said in a previous post...don't be fucking lazy. You want routines and diets spoon fed to you? Hire a trainer.

Here:

Day one:

Squat- 2 x 5, 1 x 20

Stiff-legged Deadlift 1 x 15

Pull-up or Pull-down 2 x 6-8

Barbell Curl 2 x 6-8

Day Two: (3-4 days later)

Bench Press or Incline Press- 2 x 6-8

Dip- 1 x 15

Military Press- 2 x 6-8

Abs- 2 x 15

Repeat workout one 3-4 days later.

Do that for 6-8 weeks.

OP you don't have a weightlifting team at your school? every public school in America has one unless you go to a really tiny school.

and yes the gym is open all summer

and yes i agree with CEO that at your age its most sensible to train with compound lifts and powerlit.. you can bodybuild later in life. right now build up muscle memory and conditioning.. and put on strength so no one fucks with you anymore.

also as i have already said YOU ARE YOUNG. i really hope you stick with it and stay patient and don't just quit just cause you aren't getting results overnight.

Top Bottom