Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

zma question

Blood&Iron said:

Actually, the whole 'do not take with calcium thing' is basically bogus. As are the claims that ZMA is somehow better than taking regular old zinc and magnesium--which cost much, much less.

You shouldn't take zinc with calcium because they compete for absorption. What's bogus about that?
I agree with you, taking regular zinc + mag is the same thing as long as there is no calcium filler.
An evil plot? There are plenty in this industry. At least he made the need to supplement zinc and magnesium more apparent to athlethes who are usually deficient. But yeah, he's out to make a buck like everyone else.

u4ik_RAGE said:

You shouldn't take zinc with calcium because they compete for absorption. What's bogus about that?
There are several studies showing that ingesting 500mg up to 2g of calcium does not substantially affect zinc absorption.

The following references were cited by Lyle McDonald, while making this point on MFW:
Spencer, H. Minerals and mineral interactions in human beings.
J Am Diet Assoc (1986) 86: 864-867.

Dawson-Hughes, B et. al. Effects of calcium carbonate and
hydroxyapatite on zinc and iron retention in postmenopausal women. Am J Clin Nutr (1986) 44: 83-88.

I agree with you, taking regular zinc + mag is the same thing as long as there is no calcium filler.
An evil plot? There are plenty in this industry. At least he made the need to supplement zinc and magnesium more apparent to athlethes who are usually deficient.
He could have easily done this without making dishonest claims about the efficacy of his product vs just taking some extra zinc and magnesium. Further, his conduct on MFW has been inexcusable. From what I've seen, he is a piece of shit(Of course, the same can be said of most in the bodybuilding/supplement/fitness industry.)

so guys how should i take the s tuff with my last shake? should it be the zma first then 1 hr , 1hr 15 mins later down my shake and sleep, or take the shake then 1hr , 1hr 15 mins take the zma and sleep.

thanks

Top Bottom