Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats up with this???Fat gain and antideppresnts.

SonnyBlack

What do you think about this Mr X??????

Hey wats up bros....Around ! month ago, I started taking 5-HTP (L-Tryptophan) to help me out with my mood swings and battle my occasional bouts with deppression. Well recently (like 1 wk and a half after starting the 5HTP) I started noticing that for no reason at all I went up in weight on the scale (its not muscle, since i took measurements). Now I've heard that antideppresant medications are notorious for causing people to gain fat.....as a matter of fact, I was witness to this2 yrs ago when I took Prozac for 2 months and right away, like in the first month for no reason at all ( i ate and trained just the same) i went up like 10 pds of fat. Now since 5HTP increases seratonin in the brain and overall improves mood, I was wondering if it would have the same effect on makin me gain fat weight. Does it slow down your metabolism and make you gain weight...or does it make u retain water or something, such as is the case with antideppresants. What do u all think...any experiences or info on this??

Last edited:
the amount of 5 htp you take in those pills is so small, but maybe if you are super sensitive? but easy enough to solve , just stop taking them! of the neuro transmitters to play with, instead of seritonin, try dopamine,.or actetocholamine.......

Top Bottom