Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's up with this???Fat gain and antideppresants

SonnyBlack

Hey wats up bros....Around ! month ago, I started taking 5-HTP (L-Tryptophan) to help me out with my mood swings and battle my occasional bouts with deppression. Well recently (like 1 wk and a half after starting the 5HTP) I started noticing that for no reason at all I went up in weight on the scale (its not muscle, since i took measurements). Now I've heard that antideppresant medications are notorious for causing people to gain fat.....as a matter of fact, I was witness to this2 yrs ago when I took Prozac for 2 months and right away, like in the first month for no reason at all ( i ate and trained just the same) i went up like 10 pds of fat. Now since 5HTP increases seratonin in the brain and overall improves mood, I was wondering if it would have the same effect on makin me gain fat weight. Does it slow down your metabolism and make you gain weight...or does it make u retain water or something, such as is the case with antideppresants. What do u all think...any experiences or info on this??

Slows down your metabolism. A family member of mine has been taking one and gained like 30 pounds (can't be water) The phsyciatrist that gave the pills said that one of the side effects is weight gain so its not just you or not just anyone person, its everyone.

Top Bottom