Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

We are DETOXING & Quitting Sugar!!!

Gladiola

Based on our very similar compulsion with sugar - VeggieLifterChick & I have teamed up as "Sponsors" of one another for a 6 Week detox! :) Special Thanks to Temple01 for helping me believe this is possible & a TOTAL detox is better than 1X per week 'cheat' dessert.

What we are committing to:
6 Weeks of NO processed sugar or sweets
Started yesterday, so we have till May 2.

Rules of the game:
~No excuses. Don't eat the crap.

~No binges. If you slip - get a hold of yourself ASAP - hell, SPIT IT OUT if you can make yourself. If you eat a sweet, NO saying, "May as well eat a ton more" NO - no binges.

~Cheat meals are accepted & encouraged on weekends - in the form of fats & 'bad' carbs that aren't sugar (pizza, beer, etc.)

~Alcohol is permitted!

~Natural sugars are fine as well - fruit & dairy/lactose - although I personally am trying to avoid them.

~Artificial sweetner is fine (But should be used sparingly)

Why I'm doing this:
Sugar has had this CONTROL & POWER over me for YEARS. I'm going to beat it for at least this 6 weeks & hopefully then after that time period I'll continue to be stronger than the sugar & only eat when I want, rather than feeling like I can't stop.

Reasons to stop the pattern of using junk as comfort when I'm stressed:
1. Eating junk just becomes ANOTHER stress in my life
2. What I eat should be something I have control over to keep stability in my life
3. Eating junk messes with my moods & takes away the energy & emotional strength/stability that I need to deal with stress
4. Makes existing stress harder to handle
5. Eating sweets causes me to not want to eat my protein & veggies: & we know what a massive detriment that is to my health, physique, & energy level.
6. Lots of sweets often gives me a headache, makes me not sleep well, & makes me sluggish.

ME 2!!!

i'm liking this commitment thread.. sign me up 2!!! i've already told my fiance that i'm detoxing, but now i can join the sugar detox club :)

i'm also going to try and avoid the natural sugars - figure it'll help absolve the craving even more.

i stocked up on low carb protein bars last night for when i get that URGE.

SUGAR is my biggest weakness!!!! I am trying to quit eating it, but it is SO hard!!! me and my boyfriend have started this low carb/high protein diet, but it is killing me!! i am totally addicted to sugar... good luck girls!!!!!!!

a tip ::

they have wintergreen mouth wash in the restrooms where i work, and i used some today. sweeties would be pretty gross after rinsing with that stuff.

oh, i also had a pickle with one of my meals thanks to temple's advice :: that helps, too

:)

LOBO - HELP! If you lived through withdrawl, were you then able in the future to have some sweets on occasion without feeling addicted again (like a normal person)?

Muskles - THANKS! :kiss:

Keep the tips coming!

Congratulation Girls!!!!! You can do this. And yes, at some point way down the road - I would say a few months you can test the waters and see how you do. Today I went with my girlfriends to get our faces sandblasted and I did a good bit of sugar. Tomorrow I will feel like hell and will know why and will easily go back to my clean diet.

I would use ALA while you detox - it seems to help and oatmeal as often as you want it.

I used to eat candy like crazy..that was well over 2 1/2 yrs ago..now I can't tell you the last time I had stuff like that...your first few weeks are the worst..you will crave and feel like crap...your body is just wantin it..dont give in to it..keep busy..eat good clean food and drink lots of water..if you dont give in..it goes away in a few weeks...but dont fall for just a lil bite...it will turn into many other bites..and keep it out of your house..if it isnt there you wont eat it.....reward yourself in other ways..clothes..cds...whatever...GOODLUCK:)

We will be prepared as future posts shall reflect this end of sugar for you gals!!!!;)

Hey Muskles, I tried the pickle thing. Good suggestion!

Temple, why would you go with ALA? Just curious. I'm not too familiar with its benefits - all I really know is that it drops your blood sugar.

I've only been doing this 2 days now, and no cravings so far...of course, there's also no sugar in my house to crave. :) It's awesome to know that you all are so supportive, thank you for all of your encouragement and coping tips! It strengthens my resolve. :kiss:

Top Bottom