Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

We are DETOXING & Quitting Sugar!!!

Count me in on the sugar hate testimonials - when you haven't had any for a long time, then you have a sizable amount in one sitting, it truly has druglike effects. Your brain chemistry changes, and you say and do things you normally wouldn't. Unfortunately, unlike consuming hard drugs - a less socially acceptable "addiction" - you need to eat to live.

One caveat: watch your fructose consumption. I once read that your body only has enough phosfructokinase to convert ~50 grams of fructose a day to glucose, and anything other that limit is made into triglyceride. Even if this isn't true, keeping fruit minimal, and opting for lower-GI, fibrous fruits like berries and apricots is a better choice than high-GI fruits like mangoes and bananas, especially if part of your aim is to train your body not to crave "sweet".

Best of luck to everyone who's detoxing... you'll thank yourself for it in the long run.

Temple01 said:
So, everyone - how's it going??????
Tonight it'll be one week. So far tempted, & tempted numerous times by some of my absolute fav sweets. But have eaten NO refined sugar & minimal other treats (Had a few pretzels here & there, that's it).

I just thought of my 'sponsor' - VeggieLifterChick - I am thinking, "If she can do it, I can" & she's thinking that too - the group as well. It's not worth the guilt I'd feel for letting ppl down so I pass it up.

I had a frozen berry with a little fat free yogurt smoothie the other day & could not BELIEVE how sweet it was!

Aww, starfish - I'm sorry! You can still eat fruit, it was only a suggestion. :chomp: The best diet is one you can stick to, not one that leaves you feeling deprived, and therefore more succeptable to falling off the wagon.

Hey, is there a smiley for falling off the wagon? If not, we need one.

I must be wierd... I hate sugar... and I love flax seed oil... :confused:

my weakness is beer... I generally keep it down below a six pack a week...

but I HATE refined sugar... it's such a bunk substance... I don't really crave sweets at all... meal replacement shakes curb what little sweet tooth I do have... if I'm looking for a little energy boost, give me caffeine!! thick, oily black coffee... but sugar? that's just dirty...

I guess I'm lucky, but I hate the stuff... seeing people eat candy makes me almost naseous... same goes with sodas... I drink my whiskey over ice, but IF I have a whiskey and coke, it's usually 50/50 or better! :D

Forrest

So, everyone - how's it going??????

i had 2 protein bars last night, and am not going to buy any more of those now. i figure if i'm going to cut out the sweeties, i don't want to rely on ANY crutches.

my weakness is beer... I generally keep it down below a six pack a week...

i think i have that weakness, too :rolleyes: but i only have one like every few weeks. a six pack 4 a six pec :)

Hmmm, even though I don't usually crave sweets, when I DO get a sweet craving I find alcohol stops it dead in it's tracks. The down side of that is that I then crave salty, greasy foods :( Heck, what's a few beers or whiskeys without some salted peanuts, pretzels or potato chips?????

I recently went two months with no refined sugar, no alcohol, and no caffeine... I've done it for over a year before, but man... there comes a point where you say "ok, look, I'm a man, not a machine!!!"

I have an addictive personality, so it's tough to find a "happy medium" on ANYTHING... it requires me to actually THINK about what I'm doing (which is fucking annoying! LOL!)

Forrest

Having read what you posted here on this thread:

wonderstanding said:
but I HATE refined sugar... it's such a bunk substance... I don't really crave sweets at all
... seeing people eat candy makes me almost naseous
Do you have any idea how bad I want to :smash:
:destroy:
:smshot:
Oh man, how I would kill to feel that way sometimes.

Eh, I should count my blessings - I have NO problem passing up beer or any alcohol, fries & burgers, I don't even really like potato chips, I have coffee on occasion (but not addicted) - so I have it easy some ways I suppose. :verygood:

Top Bottom