Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Unloading Phase Workouts

Sunday 28th September - Squat Intensive - UnLoading Phase - Week 8 - Day 1 -

Not a bad workout, considering how much junk food I ate over the last 2 days :)
Set me a new squat PR !

Also the ex-olylifter was there, I got him to check out my form at the end of my session.
Got some tips and advice etc.

Workout Rating - 9/10
Workout time - 1.75 hours

Warmup+ CoreWork

Rest - alternating between each exercise - 30secs

Incline situps x8, +10lbs x8
Back Extensions x8, +10lbs x8
Torso Twists - Oly Bar 2x8 to each side.

OlyLifts

Warmups - 3-4 Sets with bar, some hang cleans, frontsquats, jerks etc
rest - 1min

2x HangPowerCleans + 2 SPlit Jerks 95lbs, 115lbs

Single Arm Dumbell Hang PowerSnatches + negative press
3 reps each side - warmup - 5kg,
Rest - 1min

2 reps each side - 25lbs, 35lbs, 45lbs, 45lbs

felt good, and worked my abs nicely as well!
Nice cuff work, me thinks as well.

Full Olympic Back Squats - RAW

Warmup sets - rest 1 to 2mins
Bar x8, 95lbs x5, 135lbs x5, 160lbs x5, 195lbs 3x3, 225lbs 2x3, 260lbs 2x2, 295lbs 2x1

Tempo 10X0 - Rest 3 to 4 mins

325lbs 3x3 New PR!! + 10lbs

Core, Other and Remedial Work

Bulgarian Split Squats
BW x 10 each leg.

Explosive GoodMornings onto Toes
Warmup sets - Bar x5, 95lbs x5 - rest 1min

135lbs x 5, 155lbs x 5, 175lbs x 5

upper back started rounding a bit on the 175lb set.

Olylifts - did several sets of snatches and clean & Jerks, for that ex-olylifter to check my form etc etc. used up to 109lbs

Reverse Hypers
BW x15

Last edited:
Workout clips from today

Right click and dave - before viewing!

325lbs 3x3 Full Oly Squat PR!
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/blitzforce/Movies/CCJ_FullOlyBackSquatPR325_3x3_28thSept03.mpg

Single Arm Dumbell Hang PowerSnatches - 45lbs 2x4
http://www.members.optushome.com.au...J_SingleArmDumbellPSnatch_45_2x4_28Sept03.mpg

Explosive GMs onto toes - 175x5, you can see my upper back rounding a bit, must work on this
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/blitzforce/Movies/CCJ_ExplosiveGMsOntoToes175x5_28thSept03.mpg

Damn! Your getting strong! When are you maxing out? You should get 385+. How much can you powerclean now?

dood said:
Damn! Your getting strong! When are you maxing out? You should get 385+. How much can you powerclean now?

Thanks, I am getting stronger, but not dramaticly so, but every little bit adds up :)

Well I have another week to run in this training cycle. Then I'll Take a week off and then come back and max out.

I haven't done much above 200lbs in the powercleans, but 197lbs certainly felt much lighter than before. Old powerclean PR was around 225lbs, I feel I could do around 240-250lbs now judging how I was able to cleanpull 254 lbs to my sternum a few weeks back.

Well just an update -

I've been under a fair bit of stress lately, also putting together a new fast computer system and it's been rather taxing mentally and somewhat physically. Plus I haven't been getting over 4-5 hours sleep for the last week, so I decided not to train during this period. Not that I have much inclination to do so :)

Plus it's good to spend some "quality" time with the girlfriend just to chill out :D

phew what a week, glad it's mostly over with now.
But it disrupts my training somewhat. Probably not the right time to max out now.

Last edited:
Interesting thing - I went to pickup a 21inch monitor from guy, and he wanted to put it on a wheeled chair to trolley it down the lift to my car. Well I pickced it up and even though it weighs 70lbs and is bulky I didn't think it was that heavy and told him I'll carry it down myself. That kinda freaked him out :)
I know 2 years ago that monitor would have killed me.
My biceps and upper back are sore though :)
But pulls have paid off here.

Top Bottom