Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Unloading Phase Workouts

CoolColJ said:
Well just an update -

I've been under a fair bit of stress lately, also putting together a new fast computer system and it's been rather taxing mentally and somewhat physically. Plus I haven't been getting over 4-5 hours sleep for the last week, so I decided not to train during this period. Not that I have much inclination to do so :)

Plus it's good to spend some "quality" time with the girlfriend just to chill out :D

phew what a week, glad it's mostly over with now.
But it disrupts my training somewhat. Probably not the right time to max out now.

Glad you're back around.

Hey CCJ...can you explain why you deload and what changes that you make in your routine when deloading?

I just can never put it into correct wording when I try to say it...

Thanks

B True

Thanks guys

Hmm I haven't been eating much this week and my bodyweight has dropped from 95kg to 92kg! 210 --> 203lbs!

I'm somewhat leaner, but yikes..lean bodymass is probbaly down as well..although some water weight as well .

b fold the truth said:
Hey CCJ...can you explain why you deload and what changes that you make in your routine when deloading?

I just can never put it into correct wording when I try to say it...

Deloading is basicly what I do to recover :)

Basicly I do a period of loading (2-3weeks) where I just crank up the frequency and volumeand really push myself hard, until I really feel like crap.

Then I deload for recovery - the frequency is cut back and the volume is dropped by 60%, the weights dip down a bit intially and then rise up higher than the loading phase.

The main purpose is to allow the body to recover and super compensate - then you PR. The body sorta overshoots after it scrambles to recover during the loading phase then you cut back and then the body has extra resoruces to make gains.
Think of it like carb loading for BB'ers. You cut the carbs to starve the body of carbs, and then carb load and you fill up more than normal, bloating the muscles up. Same principal.
It's about going from one extreme to the other to force adaption.
Sorta like taking advatange of the lag factor the body has.

Off course training like this means you can't really train speed strength etc type qualities all that well since these go way down in this style of training during the loading phase, but if you use this as a type of cycling as a lead up phase to a more regular Westside type scheme, I think it would work really well.
Having said that, you could superimpose these principals over a Westside template and make it work real nice I feel.

Off course you build up the loading frequency and volume over time, it's not something you jump straight into the deep end like that.

Last edited:
Thanks man...I copy/pasted that...

B True

Well after taking the last 2 weeks off, I'm feeling pretty good.

Nice and loose and raring to go. Getting back to the gym today

CoolColJ said:
Well after taking the last 2 weeks off, I'm feeling pretty good.

Nice and loose and raring to go. Getting back to the gym today

come back witha fury, want to see a powerclean with 275 out of you

Well no 275lb powerclean today :)

Sunday 19th October - General Workout - Week 1 - Day 2 -

Back to the gym I go.
Everything felt a bit weird at first. Balance and tension felt a bit strange, but it started to come back to me.
Battery flat in stop watch so I didn't time my rest periods

Workout Rating - 7/10
Workout time - 1.25 hours

Warmup+ CoreWork

Rest - alternating between each exercise

Incline situps 2x8
Back Extensions 2x8
Torso Twists - Oly Bar 2x8 to each side.

OlyLifts

Warmups - 3-4 Sets with bar, some hang cleans, frontsquats, jerks etc

Hang Power Cleans - 95x3
Hang PowerClean + 2 SplitJerks - 95lbs
Hang Power Cleans - 115x3
Hang PowerClean + 2 SplitJerks - 115lbs
Hang Power Cleans - 135x3
Hang PowerClean + 2 SplitJerks - 135lbs
Hang Power Cleans - 155x3

Hang PowerSnatch - 65lbs x 3, 95lbs 2x3

Olys felt good for the most part, snatches still feel pretty crappy for me form wise. Good thing is that I wasn't gasping for air like I normally do.

Full Olympic Back Squats - RAW

Warmup sets
Bar x8, 95lbs x5, 135lbs x3
Tempo 10X0

185x3
225lbs 2x3 - one rep in each set with a 3 sec pause at the bottom
225 x 5

Hmm, squats felt really different, both easy and hard at the same time, prettty damn fast.

Bits and Pieces

Military Press
Bar x 5, 95lbs x 5

Explosive GoodMornings onto Toes
Bar x8, 95lbs x8

Dumbell Rows
Reverse grip 35lbs 2x5, Elbows out 35lbs 2x5

Dips
BW 2x5

Lying Crossbody Laterals (Thumbs Up)
1kg x10, 2kgx10

Bulgarian Split Squats