Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tat's DON'T GET FAT offseason journal

Tatyana said:
LOL,

I took some progress pics tonight, but on a different phone and I will have to mess with programs to upload them.

I will load a few more to photobucket, I just don't like using it as much as uploading directly to the site.

I have uploaded some of the pics of my training partner for the girlies, but I don't think those are the pics you mean :)

Could you possibly post up a 'sample' split of how your training program is that you posted on p. 2 of this thread?? Like maybe what days of the week you are doing these or how many days of rest your getting before hitting the same muscle group again?? Thanks.... much love

disturbed311 said:
Nevermind i just saw it.... So are you waiting 7 days before hitting the same muscle group again?

Pretty much. I did train shoulders on Friday instead of Sat or Sunday cause I was working today.

I can really FEEL my back today, minor DOMS.

I made a few adjustments, and this is working for me right now

Monday Chest, Bis and Abs

Tuesday Legs and Calves

Wed OFF

Thursday Back. Tris and ABS

Friday OFF

Saturday Shoulders and ABS

I like to be fresh for shoulders, as I mine don't grow all that well, and I want to hit my abs harder this year as I have never been happy with them.

My tris are big, so if back is rough, I can drop an exercise, whereas my biceps could also use a bit of work, I hate training biceps, so getting them done in the beginning of the week works.

Same with legs, find that they are psychologically tough cause I KNOW its going to hurt.

I don't like missing shoulders cause I think they will wither away, so more likely not to miss it later in the week.

Power - Chest and Biceps

It is COLD and DARK and my training buddie is too FC-UKed from the weekend, but I DRAGGED my butt to the gym.

Warm up - 15 min walk to gym

DB Bench Press

10 kg/22 lb x 15 warm up

18 kg/40 kg x 8

20 kg/44 lb x 3/3 - used different dumbells, all metal, they are heavier than the rubber coated ones I used for 18 kg

Incline DB bench press

20 kg/44 lb x 5/6/6 - got a spot, and I am stronger on incline

Weighted Dips

15 kg/33 lb x 5/5/5

Biceps

Barbell Curls
- Oly bar

30 kg/66 lb x 4/4

Preacher Curls - Hammerstrength plate loading

30 kg/66 lb x 4/4

Hammer DB curls - alternating

16 kg/35 lb x 6 on each arm

Food today

brekkie

40 g Rude Health Museli (no sugar, stuff like hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, oat and barley flakes)

35 g natural whey

50 ml soya milk

Mid morning

40 g oats/barley/wheat flakes

35 g choc whey

5 g cocoa

Lunch

80 g grilled chicken breast

100 g baby new potatoes

150 g of steamed brocolli, carrots, brussel sprouts

Mid afternoon

Same as lunch

Pre-workout

80 g stir fry chicken -chili, garlic and ginger

100 g red lentil bolognese

Post workout

20 g whole wheat spagetti

100 g brocolli

80 g grilled chicken

20 g red veggie pesto

Tonight I am making beef steak chili, once I get all the calories and macros done, I will post it up

Power - Back

I had a funny workout today.

When I went into the gym I found out one of the young lads (20 years old), who was just about to start his boxing career, was in a serious car accident on Sunday, and it is not looking good.

I don't think most of the guys realise how bad it is, he fractured C2, has had massive amounts of brain pressure, so he has a hole drilled in his skull to relieve the pressure, fractured his pelvis, both his arms, and his femur in both places.

He has been in an induced coma now for most of the time he has been in ITU.

If he survives, he probably won't be walking, and there is a real possibility of brain damage as well.

I have been to a funeral nearly every year I have been training in my gym, and to the hospital for things like bike accidents and bar fights all too often.

I almost didn't train, but training is like my meditation, and the way I bash the daily stress and things like this feeling sad out.

Rack Deadlift - Olympic bar

80 kg/176 lb x 6

90 kg/198 lb x 6

100 kg/220 lb x 6

Barbell Rows
- Olympic bar

60 kg/132 lb x 6/5/5

Chin ups

body weight x 5/5/5

Close grip seated cable rows

60 kg x 7/6/4

I had to weigh in today for my new coach (who also has been reading this), and I am 63 kg/139 lb, and still around 16 - 18 % bodyfat.

I think this is great as I haven't done cardio for close to a month, and I have been eating anything I want to.

I am still weighing all my meals, not counting calories exactly, but as I have done it for so long, I know that most of my meals are still around 300 kcals.

I also have to start keeping a food diary with times, and especially now that I am off for a few days (on call tomorrow night).

He wants to see what sort of foods I like and how I am eating before he alters my diet.

I also have to take some progress pics, which I will also put up here.

I dunno about that Gym your training at Tat :worried: the pagan in me believes in taking hints from the universe, you know what I mean?

I totally understand about working out being your Zen ... my job is abusing me, and so I abuse my self, when I can't work out but end up working until ... well, way too late, I fall back into bad habits ...

Seriously looking forward to progress pics lady :qt:

musclemom said:
I dunno about that Gym your training at Tat :worried: the pagan in me believes in taking hints from the universe, you know what I mean?

I totally understand about working out being your Zen ... my job is abusing me, and so I abuse my self, when I can't work out but end up working until ... well, way too late, I fall back into bad habits ...

Seriously looking forward to progress pics lady :qt:

I know what you mean, but I also think that we hear about the lads and problems because it is quite a tight-knit community, some people have been training there for 10 years +.

Power - Delts

My training has been on a different schedule, especially as I have had three overnight shifts in the lab (on-call, right, we are busy all the time).

No training partner, going to have to give him a bell tomorrow and see if he is ok.

Love the heavy week, it is so fast, I love the effort

Military Press - Hammerstrength Plate loading

20 kg/44 lb x 20 (warm up)

40 kg/88 lb x 8 (warm up)

60 kg/132 lb x 4/5/7 (spots on last two sets)

Wide Grip Upright Row
- Olympic Bar

30 kg/66 lb x 6/6/6

Cheat Laterals

12 kg/26 lb x 6

10 kg/22 lb x 6

Food diary for my coach - From Thursday till now, I was working in the lab overnight, makes for an interesting eating schedule.

This is off season, so I am eating basically anything I want, just controlling the portion size.

I am recording things over the weekend, and when I am off work, as this is when the diet can be a bit more difficult.

10:30 am
40 g rude health museli

Organic ingredients
by weight
Porridge oats, Jumbo oats, Sultanas, Barley flakes, Apricots, Rye flakes, Apple pieces, Dates, Raisins, Golden linseeds, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Hemp seeds, Sesame seeds

Nutritional analysis
Typical values per 100g
Energy 312 kcal
1316 kJ
Protein 11.4 g
Total dietary fibre 13.1 g
Carbohydrates
49.7 g
of which sugars 12.3 g
Fat 7.5 g
of which saturates 1.3 g/100 g
monounsaturates 2.5 g
polyunsaturates 3.7 g
Sodium <0.05 g

35 g natural whey

1:00 pm

1 ryvita
mustard

(forgot a snack in here)

5:00 pm

125 g smoked tofu
200 g brocolli
5 g toasted sesame seed oil
5 g tamari
10 g sesame seeds

9:00 pm

100 g baby new potatoes
200 g steak chili

12:00/midnight

100 g baby new potatoes
100 g cottage cheese

3:00 am

100 g strawberries
100 g plain yogurt
35 g vanilla whey protein

6:00 am

20 g almond butter
35 g whey protein

8:30 am

40 g rude health museli
35 g vanilla whey

11:00 am

125 g smoked tofu
200 g steamed brocolli
5 g toasted seasame oil
5 g tamari
10 g sesame seeds

SLEEP

7 :30 pm

200 g steak chili
5 organic corn (like rice) cakes

TRAIN

10:00pm

35 g whey protien shake

10:30 pm

200 g steak chili
150 g steamed cauliflower
20 g whole wheat spagetti

11:00 pm
20 g roasted and salted luxury nuts from Marks and Spencers
(my weakness right now -almonds, cashews, pecans, macadamia, hazelnuts)

AND before I fall asleep in the next hour or so

100 g tofu or plain yogurt
20 g natural peanut butter/almond butter or hazelnut butter
20 g micellar casein (unflavoured/unsweetened)
15 g soya whey or brown rice or hemp protein (some combo)
Bit of splenda to sweeten

AND a hot chocolate

15 g cocoa
hot water
splenda/stevia to sweeten
100 ml soya milk

I am craving quinoa, so I think I will make some tomorrow..........

POWER - legs

I had to psych myself up to legs this week, going heavy is always a bit nauseating. I felt fantastic after, and I am also noticing that I am getting used to going heavy again, I could actually lift a bit more, just no training buddy again.

Squats - Olympic bar

20 kg/44 lb x 10 (warm up)

60 kg/132 lb x 10 (warm up)

90 kg/198 lb x 6/7/6/5

Leg Press - Cybex 45 degree

200 kg/440 lb x 6/6/6/6

Leg extensions - Hammerstrength plate loading

Unilaterally

15 kg/33 lb x 6 per side

17.5 kg/39 lb x 5

Deadlifts - Olympic Bar - straps

60 kg/132 lb x 6 (warm up)

80 kg/176 lb x 6/6/6

Food diary

10 am (slept in again)

40 g rude health museli
35 g natural whey

1:00 pm

200 g steak stew
100 g cottage cheese
4 corn cakes

4:00 pm

100 g tofu yogurt
20 g hazelnut butter
35 g natural whey

Bike ride (COLD) and then TRAIN at 5:00 pm

6:00 pm whey shake

7:00 pm

90 g chicken
200 g of mixed chinese veggies (bean sprouts, waterchestnuts, yellow pepper, mushrooms, baby carrots
20 g sesame seeds

Power - Arms

I was going to take today off as my body has that great but sort of sore feeling, but some new women in the gym wanted me to show them all the basics.

They didn't show, so I did arms.

BICEPS

Barbell Curls
- Olympic bar

30 kg/66 lb x 4/4

Preacher Curls - Hammersmith plate loading

30 kg/66 lb x 4

32.5 kg/72 lb x 4

Hammer Dumbell Curls - alternating

16 kg/35 lb x 4/5

Triceps

Close Grip Bench Press
- Olympic Bar

40 kg/88 lb x 6

50 kg/110 lb x 7/6

Skull Crushers - Flat bench E-Z curl bar

30 kg/66 lb x 6

35 kg/77 lb x 4

Single arm dumbell extensions

10 kg/22 lb x 6/6

Now I feel like I have been hit by a truck.

It's all good though.

Top Bottom