Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tat's DON'T GET FAT offseason journal

I just spent a half hour going through this thread just to see your pictures.
It was worth it! :)

New Training From Coach

slat1 said:
I just spent a half hour going through this thread just to see your pictures.
It was worth it! :)

Thanks Slat, thought you might have liked some of my recipes as well :)

I was absolutely mullered after last week's POWER routine so I took last night off.

My new coach has me starting on his training routine, which has a similar feel to it as the power/rep range/shock program I have been following.

I have also promised him I wouldn't post it in detail on line :evil:

I would have to say that the P/RR/S training really got me up to speed really fast after spending far too long on the same routine, stuck in a rut.

Tonight I pushed more weight than I have recorded before, AND just after doing some of the same things on Sunday.

This week is heavy again, and my fab training buddy is back on it again, so I was able to really push myself and him, he is also getting back up to some of his previous lifts again.

Bench press 50 kg/110 lb

DB flat flys 18 kg/40 lb

Incline DB press 22 kg/48 lb

I am also taking measurements right now, and bodyfat.

Amazingly, my bodyfat has hardly shifted after my failed attempt at getting comp ready, still around 14-16% for my upper body, 18-20% for lower.

Same for weight 63 kg/139 lb.

I was chuffed as I am eating anything I fancy and not doing any cardio whatsoever.

Measurements

Underbust 32"

Waist 28" :rolleyes:

Hips 35"

Largest Seat (biggest bit around your butt and hips) 37"

Biceps (average of both) 13.5"

Upper thigh (average) 22"

Lower thigh (average) 19"

Calves 14.5"

Forearm 10" :rolleyes:

I have also had a few inquires lately about what I am 'taking'.

I am not on any gear, I am a natural for life bodybuilder.

:artist:

Re: New Training From Coach

slat1 said:
I will have to go back.
I am still staring at your quad! :chomp:

It must be my exceptional photographic skills :)

Second week heavy in a row, OMG.

I am really loving it.

Tonight was back and triceps, and I did T-bar rows, which I haven't done in AGES.

My gym does not have a proper T-bar row, so had to do that brace the Oly bar in a corner and use a close grip hold bar.

Hit a part of my back that I haven't felt in awhile, and I loved it.

That and the combination of deadlifts............

Big lifts of the day

Hammerstrength seated rows

30 kg/66 lb per side

Skull crushers on an incline

35 kg/77 lb

My triceps have been twitching a bit since

:)

The diet I am going to be starting early January is going to be a quite a departure from what I am used to eating, and after I got over the initial shock and moaning, I went out this afternoon and went around the shops to find all the things I will need.

One thing is that I will be eating a lot more fish than I have.

I really really really don't like tinned tuna, and making it to the fish monger's every other day is just not going to happen (and it is quite expensive getting tuna steak).

My training buddy told me that ASDA's did their own extra special tuna in a tin, and it is just like the fish plonked in the tin, but in olive oil.

I found it and they are now doing it in spring water, and even better, tuna steaks in spring water in these foil packs, so they still have their original shape, which I think will make a big difference.

ASDAs is also super super cheap, which is another bonus.

I think the thing I have realised again is that any adjustment in your diet is not going to happen overnight, so I am going to start making small adjustments now, introducing the things I ususally don't eat, so by the time I have to be full on dieting it won't be such a shock and won't be falling off the diet.

Tatyana said:
Tonight I pushed more weight than I have recorded before, AND just after doing some of the same things on Sunday.

This week is heavy again, and my fab training buddy is back on it again, so I was able to really push myself and him, he is also getting back up to some of his previous lifts again.

Bench press 50 kg/110 lb

DB flat flys 18 kg/40 lb

Incline DB press 22 kg/48 lb

I am also taking measurements right now, and bodyfat.

Amazingly, my bodyfat has hardly shifted after my failed attempt at getting comp ready, still around 14-16% for my upper body, 18-20% for lower.

Same for weight 63 kg/139 lb.

I was chuffed as I am eating anything I fancy and not doing any cardio whatsoever.

Measurements

Underbust 32"

Waist 28" :rolleyes:

Hips 35"

Largest Seat (biggest bit around your butt and hips) 37"

Biceps (average of both) 13.5"

Upper thigh (average) 22"

Lower thigh (average) 19"

Calves 14.5"

Forearm 10" :rolleyes:

I have also had a few inquires lately about what I am 'taking'.

I am not on any gear, I am a natural for life bodybuilder.

:artist:

Nice lifts! We lift pretty much the same weight and I'm natural too.....how tall are you btw? We seem to be close to the same size.

As for the fish - can you get tilapia over there? I ate a lot of that during my contest prep and it's pretty mild.

jenscats5 said:
Nice lifts! We lift pretty much the same weight and I'm natural too.....how tall are you btw? We seem to be close to the same size.

As for the fish - can you get tilapia over there? I ate a lot of that during my contest prep and it's pretty mild.

I am almost 5'4" :)

Yes, I have tried tilapia, it isn't that bad.

I think it is just the really oily fish that makes me ill.

Tatyana said:
I am almost 5'4" :)

Yes, I have tried tilapia, it isn't that bad.

I think it is just the really oily fish that makes me ill.

Ooh! We're the same size then, so cool I can compare notes.....

And yes, that oily fish is just yucky....I can't eat cod anymore....meh!

jenscats5 said:
Ooh! We're the same size then, so cool I can compare notes.....

And yes, that oily fish is just yucky....I can't eat cod anymore....meh!

Bling suit exchange r' us? :)

I take a D/DD cup.

I also picked up 1 kg of frozen tilipia from the fish monger, and some fresh tuna steaks to get me in fish mod again.

Had two days off due to the whole PMT/menses thing (and needed some extra recovery time). Doses up on 20+ manuka honey to fight off the lurge everyone has at work, got some extra sleep. I felt great this morning.

Had an AWESOME workout today. First time with my training buddy doing heavy legs.

Legs and shoulders today, did some major pre-during and post work out nutrition :).

Big lifts

Squats 100 kg/220 lb (sets of 9 reps)

I am really happy with this even though all of them were not to parallel, I am getting used to this kind of weight on my shoulders and back, and I do think the mind/muscle connection is really important.

Leg Press 200 kg/440 lb (sets of 10 reps)

Could go heavier, psychological thing. Next time I will whack on another 20 kg plate

Leg extensions

20 kg/44 lb/side on a plate loading machine - this is also heavier than I have gone in awhile

Leg curls

22.5 kg/50 lb/side - independent action on the Hammerstrength plate loading machine

Behind neck seated military press

41 kg/90 lb

Also did some laterals and bent over laterals, but not with massive weights

Shrugs

120 kg/264 lb - Hammerstrength plate loading - standing

I take the same cup size when I'm not dieted down for a contest....then it's a C.

Ok, based on the lifts you just posted.......I have some work to do.....nice lifts!!

I just had four days completely OFF.

I mean off everything, training, diet.

I ate what ever I fancied, culminating in copious amount of sugar in the form of crappy chocolate, shortbread cookies and things like having popcorn for a meal :)

The funny thing is that I think I actually look better for it.

So back cleaning up the diet today, getting ready for the BIG D-day, Jan 2nd when I will start with the diet my coach gave me.

Back to the gym today for legs and shoulders.

I am not sure what to call my new training routine, as it is a bit different, really mixing things up, and tonight was sort of a combo of heavy, high reps and drop sets.

It didn't take very long at all, but the effort was pretty intense.

After going heavy the last two weeks, doing high rep squats with 70kg/154lb seemed like a doddle.

The gym was really empty, and when I left I was the only one there.

I can so get this, as I almost put off going back to the gym till tomorrow.

The rest of the week at work may be a bit difficult, as people will be bringing in all the crap they didn't eat over Christmas, and they don't want to eat now.

I also find that after having sugar, the urge to eat more is pretty strong.

But I managed not to indulge today, YAH.

I also have to take some progress pics.

I have never started dieting so early in the year, but I do have some serious motivation.

I have a performance thing for an art exhibition in London on Feb 22nd, and then I am going to the Arnold Classic, and I really don't fancy looking like a fat offseason FBBer :)

Top Bottom