Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tat's DON'T GET FAT offseason journal

Hiya, Hooker. :D

I'm finally getting over here to check you out. Nice lifts! I'm looking forward to seeing some of those hoochie momma clothes at the Arnold.

the-short-one said:
Hiya, Hooker. :D

I'm finally getting over here to check you out. Nice lifts! I'm looking forward to seeing some of those hoochie momma clothes at the Arnold.

Hey hun,

I am really excited about the Arnold too.

I do have some fab dresses I am bringing, thinking about this funky Gaultier one I have :)

GOD, I just added up the days, it has been 10 days (with the exception of one back work out), I have been taking a break, and also off my diet.

I even went out on New Year's Eve without food with me, first time in three years since I haven't been eating every three hours I am awake.

My comp diet started today, and in some ways it has been easy falling back into diet mojo, as I haven't been that long off, and interestingly, for the first time, I have a coach who has given me a very specific diet.

It is really different from how I would normally diet, except for the amount of calories, 1793 kcal/day, loads from protein.

As far as protein goes, it is minimal on the whey, bit at brekkie, bit post training. I am eating a HUGE range of protein from various animal sources, and in unusual combinations.

FAR too much tuna for me.

In all honesty, I think I would rather go hungry than eat what I have for my last meal.

I went to the gym tonight, no training partner, and the gym was empty.

I had to drag my butt to get there, but it was great and it is leg and shoulders day, which are both body parts I want to bring up.

My big lift for the day was leg press 220 kg/484 lb.

I am also doing high rep squats with 60 kg/132 lb

Shoulders was only 4 sets, but I haven't had anything hit my shoulders like that in ages.

I focused on perfect form, and I gave a good squeeze at the contraction.

Day two of diet.

I must admit I am not following it exactly as I am SO FRACKING HUNGRY.

It is designed to kick off glycolysis everytime I eat, and I SWEAR food is being utilised a lot faster.

OR it is because my calories have been higher for the last three days.

I am HUNGRY within 15 minutes of eating.

On the plus side, I am drinking WAY more water :)

England is miserable right now, cold and wet, and on a Friday night the last thing I wanted to do is go to the gym, also as my training buddy NEVER trains on Fridays

I went anyway, back and triceps.

This high rep and drop set/super set thing is seriously hitting the muscle groups HARD, even though it doesn't alway feel like it until I am walking home from the gym

Big lifts for the day

Bent over barbell rows 50 kg/104 lbs

Tricep push downs 50 kg/104 lbs

I am also having to do some exercises I haven't done all that often, either as I hadn't thought of them or I just don't like them that much, like pull-overs and skull crushers.

I am finally feeling like I am catching up on sleep. Usually my work schedule is such that I get quite a few extra days off, but with my wee holiday to the states in Feb/March, I can't take so many days.

I am making sure that I am getting enough rest, and I am finally starting to feel rested.

I had my hair done yesterday, and while it has only been about two months since I have seen my hairdresser, he thought I had gotten bigger.

He is not gay, he owns the studio with his GF, and they are lovely.

Interesting thing in England, especially around London, fashion is such an important economy in the UK, and it does seem like the lads are far more fashionable. Some hairdressers become celebrities due to things like London Fashion week and the telly.

We do have some odd TV programs here.

He is also into training, but he doesn't take it super seriously.

It has only been about two months since I have seen him last, and even he thought I was bigger :)

Chest and bis yesterday

This training this week is pretty harsh, as it is all about pre-exhausting the muscle and then hammering it.

Very few exercises, but very effective.

I did weight in yesterday, and I gained 5 lbs over Christmas :worried:

Ironically, as soon as I started dieting, I wished I had eaten more lux food when I was off for those 10 days.

The great thing is that even though I am at a 'normal' bodyfat for a woman, I am still looking quite muscular, the last two seasons when I was in the normal body fat range for women, I just looked like a 'normal' girl.

As my training buddy Jos got back into action, I did push it on chest

BIG lifts

Bench Press

60 kg/134 lb x 6 reps (it was a bit too heavy, so I dropped it to 50 kg/110 lb for the rest of the sets)

DB incline bench

22 kg/48 lb

Incline flys

18 kg/40 kg

Nothing impressive on bis

Whole workout done in 45 min.

LEGS and Shoulders AGAIN

I so did not want to train again today, but I also know how quickly time flys, and there are other girls out there pushing it to win the same comps I want to.

I am on a four day split, but each week I start on a different bodypart, and something gets worked twice.

As my legs and shoulders are the things that seem to need the most work, I dragged my butt into the gym 45 minutes before closing time.

The great thing was that the work-out was quite easy.

I never think I am squatting all that much, but one of the boxers who trains in my gym came over to watch me squat, and was impressed with the weight, form, pace. :)

I must say, my whole body hurts, but I like it.

I have to start cardio next week :worried:

Oh no! Not cardio! I've been taking a spin class 1-2x a week...fun stuff!

Okay.
I admit it.
Your thread motivated me a bit.
I cleaned up the diet.
I already feel better.
More meals. All whole food.
No more screwing around at the gym either.
Even doing cardio.
Thanks is what I am trying to say! :)

Cool!

You are welcome slat :)

So my chest and tris still hurt from Saturday, my training buddy had a nap after work and didn't wake up, I didn't think heavy back would be a good idea, and I said I would start cardio.

So I did. Just 30 min the fast walking on an incline, but it was cardio.

I also have a 15 min walk to and from the train station from the hospital, and I have been walking, even though it is dark and yucky at 5:30, and there are taxis and buses................

I must admit, having started an on-line journal really does sort of motivate you to actually do something.

Also so does having to get into a bikini or something small for an art exhibit in 6 weeks.

http://www.experiment1.co.uk/

the-short-one said:
you can't substitute another fish for the tuna? :(

I can, tuna is tolerable, I tried salmon last night, and the smell alone of it cooking nearly put me off eating.

Not to moan, but I have PMT, January is a tough month for me ALWAYS (bring on the SUN), and I think I am fighting off a cold as all the mates I went out with on NYE are SICK now.

Again, I was not in the mood to train, but went in for back and triceps.

I have to say thank god for Nike fitness/studio/dance clothing, I couldn't be bothered to change so I just wore what I had on at work to the gym.

I do feel so much better for just going in and getting through the work-out.

I have to say I love t-bar rows, dead lifts and dips.

Top Bottom