Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strength Contest!

JerseyBB

Well, I have been on this board for a bout a week now and I have to say it is very informative and everybody on here seems to really be nice and supportive. I hope I can give helpful input myself.

Anyway, in the infomative and fun spirit of this group, I am going to elaborate on a topic posted by Agent Shagwell, in her Women's Max's post.

Here is the proposal:

Womens disc board Strength Contest !

Lets figrue out who is the strongest, and where everyone rates in terms of percentages.

I know there are quite few guys on this board like myself, but before you BOY'S go thinking you are going to win this thing.......think again. You can enter as well but we are going to determine the winner and rankings on a pound for pound basis, meaning Percentage of Body weight, so it will be fair to all.

Here is the info I need.

1. Max bench and at what bodyweight you acheived it.

2. Max squat and at what bodyweight you acheived it.

3. Max Deadlift and at what bodyweight you aceived it.

I know many dont max out, so here is the Muscular endueance portion.

4. Take either 50% of your bodyweight and see how many times you can bench it or take your bodyweight and see how many times you can bench it....include weight.

When you reply keep it uniform to the numbers so I can tally the results quickly. I will give it a week or so then tally the results and post thim in a list form on the board.

here is my entry and an example of how to post your entry:

JerseyBB- male

1. Bench- 305@205lbs
2. Squat- 415@205lbs
3. DL- 325@205lbs
4. Benched Bodyweight of 205lbs for 12 reps

The way I calculate the results would be

1. Bench I did 149% of Body Weight
2. Squat I did 202% of BW
3. DL I did 159% of BW
4. 12 reps

Well start posting everyone and lets have fun with this
Should be interesting to see the results. I will give it around a week so everyone can get a chance to enter.

Sorry for the long drawn out instructions...its actually pretty simple.

Good luck

JerseyBB

No offense brotha but over at this board we are not "penis impaired".....meaning we do not feel the need to have a pissing contest every time another female enters the room! :D

Stick around, you'll find that we do things a bit differently.

Unless you are a powerlifter the amount of weight you throw around means nothing......Why does everyone get so caught up in numbers??? Its all how you train and what you do with your muscle......Dont get me wrong I lift heavy and I can do a good amount of weight, but if you are a fitness girl, bodybuilder etc when you step on stage the judges do not ask you "Excuse me how much do you squat? bench?" I think we ladies are a little less concerned with all that....Except for the powerlifters of course:D

Gee wiz!
Not intended as a pissing contest, just thought it would be a fun contest to get everyone involved. Guess not.

I will now recind the Strength Contest!

JerseyBB

Jersey, I kind of figured that you might get a bite or two out of your post. LOL All the women BB I know are much more focused on the goal of personal best versus the "I'm better than he/she is," type stuff we guys do. Whereas we always want a contest AGAINST someone, women (very generally) want a contest FOR something. One could argue the optomist vs pessimest point of view, but I won't go there.

Anyway, clean your wounds, dust off your pride and chime in more often. The ladies here don't really bite.....too much anyway.:D

Thanks BigEasy! LOL . Never afraid to learn something new.....came in here hoping to learn and share more about physical stuff......and I wound up getting a physcology lesson!

Now If I can just get a spelling lesson thrown in here, I will be complete! LOL

Take care and hope to post more in the future

JerseyBB

Jersey,

I wasn't offended by this and didn't see it as a pissing contest. I just didn't post anything because I figured my weights wouldn't be very impressive. :bawling:

I'm an old lady who used to be anorexic and so weak I could barely get out of bed, much less lift any weights! In the past year reading this board, I've seen the before/after poundages posted by people after they've been on AS cycles and those numbers are beyond anything I could ever imagine.

I've now built myself some small muscles that look pretty cool, and I'm a lot stronger than I used to be. I'm almost benching my bodyweight now (still a goal for me). A little over a year ago, I was struggling to complete a set with just the empty olympic bar! :D

Ususally when people have posted poundages, mostly I find it interesting and haven't really seen anyone come across as being boastful. We've all come to this sport from different places, and it is exciting when people meet their goals.

hey jerseybb... don't feel bad... i didn't post either because i rarely do my max... i keep my weights heavy but usually at 10 reps. I don't lift for strength like most men so for me to post what my max is, is not possible. I lift for definition and some strength, but definitely not a power lifter.
although if ya wanna post some gains... i went from doing 20lb dbs on my incline press to 30 lbs for 8 reps that i was really excited about and my stiff legged deadlift is the bar (45lbs) plus 25 on each side for 10 reps.. so i have definitely seen gains.
Keep posting and like bigeasy said.. we don't bite that much lol

Top Bottom