Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting a job...

Borachon

In a few days i'm going to start a new job that is pretty physical (stocking, moving, etc.) and full time. I used to work out 6 days a week but have already cut that down to 4 days (3 days on, 1 day off, 1 day on, 2 days off).

Without getting too much into it, can anyone give me some general tips on continuing good work outs and not overtraining?

My job is very strenuous(an ER nurse in a BUSY ER),so I hear where you are coming from.I usually work 3-12 hour shifts in a row,and train on my 4 days off...and have done this pretty much for the last 6 years.I find the tried and true method of alternating upper and lower days to work very well,usually doing bi/tri-leg-back/chest
and then I usually do the 4th day on instinct...I can usually feel what needs an extra workout-usually my bis and quads.Keep your diet good,take your vitamins,etc.Lift smart on thejob...no sudden twisting moves...you know the drill.Your work and your workout are dissimilar in so many ways,you shouldn't really concern yourself with overtraining per se,long as you are getting your rest.

I too have had very busy jobs. I was a busser for a busy place, and I was the only chick that could take it! Anyhow, I would lift heavy buss tubs sometimes all day, (double shift) Plus, tons, and tons of walking. At first, I was sore, and I was training at the time, but I just kept on training anyhow. After a while, my body got use to it, and it was nothing. :)

Some history....

I work in a busy warehouse as an order assembler. . . they have us on a clock so, it's continuous lifting for 8 hours on your feet walking around with your machine.

Luckily Im in the dairy department so there's an abundance of high quality soy milk to sneak. . .

---I would just try to hide food somewhere nearby to make up for the carbs you're losing during work and you should be all right with the overtraining.

---Get your sleep.

Top Bottom