Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I Had Some Heavy Crap Dropped Onto Me Today...

ghettostudmuffin

Literally.

I'm working part-time for a manual labor temp agency and today we were sent on a job to offload full size semi-truck trailers of the large blue heavy duty plastic recycle bins. 4 bins across, 53 feet long of them, each bin stacked 9 high.

These bins also had water in the top most bin making them very top heavy above and beyond what they already are. We had multiple stack lean and crashes today. It's so heavy if it starts toppling you can't physically stop it. I would wager some of these had close to 100 pounds water in the top bin.

The first knockover we had today was another guy pushing them directly towards me while I was positioning a stack to be offloaded. Ya, that was bright pushing them directly in my direction. Ya gotta understand 9 of those fuckin bins is like 9' tall.

Without warning the bin stack he's pushing topples forward towards me and I have just enough time to turn around when the top foot edge of the bins comes slamming down into my left lower ab/oblique, crease of my upper thigh. I also have some nice crossways marks on my mi-upper thigh.

The initial impact stunned me just for a second. Luckily I had my leg facing the same direction and almost perfectly braced otherwise that would have blown my knee out. I was slightly concerned about my kneed tracking or any potential pain, but half a day later all is feeling well.

What I did not realize is just how hard of a hit I took to my oblique. I have red and blue welting and that side of my abdomen appears to be slightly swelled by 1/8th to 1/4" when looking straight down my gut. I'm not in any particular pain atm, but the area is tender and I've had a few very slight muscle spasms in that area.

I honestly think if I wasn't built like I am that would have seriously injured someone else. I saw several stacks fall today and the fucking force when the top of the bin hit the ground with 50+ pounds of water must multiple higher than a fuckin pro boxers punch. When it hit me my whole body tensed for a second like I'd been tased. Probably the impact goin through my body.

The supervisor saw it happen and I told him my knee was feeling good, but I hadn't noticed or felt my oblique until I got home. I didn't report it when I got back to the temp agency because up to that point I wasn't that concerned about it and I'm still not really that concerned about any serious injury.

Just as insurance I'm seeing my chiropractor tomorrow to make sure shit didn't get knocked out of alignment which may very well have happened and I haven't been in for a few months anyhow.

If I wake up tomorrow with significant soreness in my oblique and my adjustment ends up being quite a few things am I in the right to ask the temp agency to pay for the cost of the adjustment. It's only 30 bucks on my membership.

I'm not the type to cry foul and exagerate an injury. I would appreciate any feedback anyone can give me as this has never happened to me before.

Thanks.

Without benefits you should file a work comp claim. Even with benefits chiropractic care wouldn't be the prescribed treatment option even though it may be effective.

should have went to college rob.

workers comp should handle all of this sort of thing.

Last edited:
I wouldn't settle for anything less than a free prostate exam.

The original poster may not realize your exams involve 18" glowing purple objects that vibrate and gyrate in position.

Well you guys are alot of help.:mix:

Guess I'll just see what my chiro says and see how my abs/oblique feel when I wake up. I haven't pissed/shit any blood yet so that's a good sign.

Tomorrow's 5x5 squat day. If my obliques protesting enough I don't feel squats would be wise couple hours after my adjustment and the chiro can confirm that any of my shit being displaced could have been directly related to it I'll probably say something.

It's not just a matter of workman's comp. That's the absolute bare minimum liability that any place legally has to have as far as I know. It's that if I say something it'll probably have to be in the form of a formal injury report etc which sucks for the company etc.

There's toughing out a little pain and then there's 5 adjustments later till yur back in shape(literally) and 5 visits poorer cuz you didn't say shit.

Top Bottom