Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PLZ HELP! Trying to cut...will this diet do the job?

M56M

Does this look like a good cutting diet? I am 190lb., and 13%bf I am on 450mg/EQ a week and 50mg ED/winny. Should i eat more carbs? Sometimes i workout at 7pm at night, what simple carbs should be taken in at this time post workout for muscle repair?

My cutting diet:

6:30am(empty stomach + 2 exandrines )
20-30 mins. Cardio
Weight Workout

8:00am
Oatmeal + water + 2 tablespoons of butter
2 scoops of Isopure Zero Carbs (50g protein) + strawberry yogurt

10am
Can of Tuna
Apple

12:30pm
chicken or steak
banana

2:30pm
Can of tuna

5:00pm
Chicken

7:30pm
2 scoops of Isopure Zero Carbs (50g protein) + strawberry yogurt

9:30pm
some type of protein(depends the mood)

11:30pm
6-8 hard boiled eggs

Sleep

*Any additional info just ask... Thanks in advance for all help, it is very appreciated:)

Last edited:
You'll probably enjoy a couple weeks of weight loss (notice I said weight loss, not fat loss) due to the reduction in carbohydrates/calories. After a couple weeks your levels of T3 hormone (which are responsible for the regulation of metabolism) will start to decline as the body compensates for the low number of calories and additional stresses (strength training/cardio).

Eventually fat loss will grind to a halt as your body down-regulates metabolism to a point in which your body will instinctively try to hold on to every ounce of fat, rather than releasing it for fuel. Cortisol levels will rise, T3 levels will continue to fall, and you will eventually end up discouraged and frustrated.

Bottom line: Make sure you take in plenty of calories, and allow for a small reduction in calories to promote a stready fat loss of 1.5-2 pounds/week. If you choose to do the low carb approach, then you MUST reduce your workout frequency or intensity or you will risk muscle loss, which is the worse thing you can do for you metabolism. Also, I recommend you move your cardio to after your strength training workout. Any additional carbohydrates you are storing in liver glycogen or miscle glycogen will benefit your strength training workout - thus cardio afterwards can switch to fat burning almost immediately.

It's important you balance your intake of calories, and macronutrient ratios (protein, carbohydrate, fat) as well as your caloric expenditure through exercise/cardio. If the entire spectrum is shifted to one side or the other, i.e too much expenditure, or too little calories, you will be in big trouble. Above all, be observant and listen to your body. Who knows, that diet/exercise plan may do wonders for you as we are all individuals with unique metabolism/body chemistry/ and hormone levels. No single plan works for everyone, thus its up to you to recognise your own successes and failures and make sensible adjustments.

If you are eating the entire hardboiled egg (yolks and all) you should be ok as far as calories go. It might be a good idea to pick up a calorie counter to calculate just how many calories you are ingesting. Heck, you just may find out you are taking in too many. Who knows. I also recommend you get in some Flax somewhere in your diet. If after 6 weeks you are still losing body fat steadily, then I wouldn't recommend a change. You'll know more at the 3 week to one month stage.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Rudee,

So basically i should be taking a certain amount of protein/carbs/fat with each meal? Can you break this down a little further. Example please. What is a good number of carbs to take in for my body weight? What carbs are good post workout? Would a 5 day low carb diet and 2 day load carb diet work for me on this cycle? :confused: Where can i go to put a good ketosis diet together?

Thank You.

Last edited:
My post was more of a "heads up" as opposed to a recommended change. Your choices of carbohydrates are mostly low glycemic, thus I'm not overly concerned. I'd probably change the morning cardio as previously mentioned, and move the hardboiled eggs to earlier in the day, and opt for a easily digestible protein shake in the evening before bed. Add a couple tablespoons of Flax oil, or a serving or two of nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts) for added fats, then give it a go. You'll know more after the first month as your hormone levels change as a result of your diet.

Would a 5 day low carb diet and 2 day load carb diet work for me on this cycle?

Give it a shot and see. Some people - including myself - get much better results on a 3-4 rotation in which you eat low carb for 3 days, then have a single carb-up meal the last meal of the 3rd day, then you go 4 days low carb with a single carb-up meal the last meal of the 4th day. Thus the cycle is three days, then four, then three, then four. The carb-up meal should be based primarly around complex carbs, with protein and fat low for this one meal. Otherwise, the remainder of the plan consists of low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat, with periods of high fat and high protein.

Last edited:
So I can keep my carbs as they are? I do take flaxseed oil and i also use peanut butter as a source of fat. What carbs do you suggest for post workout? (thats seems to be my biggest problem, i don't want oatmeal, potatoes, etc. they are complex)\

Thank you.

If it's performance you're after, you postworkout shake should be consumed immediately, with a piece of fresh fruit. If it's fat loss you are after, stick to easily digestible protein and fat. A good post workout fat loss drink consists of one scoop of whey protein, a tablespoon of Flax, and a tablespoon of whipping cream, 45 minutes after the workout. An "anabolic" cocktail that works amazingly well for me (and others who I have recommend it to) to shed bodyfat in record time. I usually add a teaspoon of Glutamine to that drink when consumed before bedtime, or first thing in the morning when cortisol levels are high.

Keep carbs where they are for now and observe how your body reacts to them. If it provides steady fat loss, then great. If not, make adjustments. Everything is a crap shoot so to speak until you give it a go and see for yourself. Like I said, we all respond differently in one way or the other, thus you will need to take in advise from many sources, plans, and methods to find out what works best for YOU.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all your help, i really appreciate you taking the time. I will keep you posted.

M56M

diamonddiceclay said:
skip oatmeal and fruit

If i skip oatmeal and fruit, my lifting goes to shit. What will i do for energy and to help repair the glycogen lost in my muscle when i lift? If i skip them both what do i replace them with?:confused:

eight smalls meals is a little excessive - i'd cut it to 6 small meals roughly three hours apart

also - ditch that butter (unless its peanut butter) and replace it with flax oil, walnuts, almonds -

i wouldn't eat anything for about an hour or so before you go to bed

otherwise it looks good -- you'll find that you'll eventually have to modify your diet considering what works good for you

Top Bottom