Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PLZ HELP! Trying to cut...will this diet do the job?

Regardless of whether youre bulking or cutting, your diet post workout meal should contain carbs (also pre workout IMO).

Preworkout for me
1 banana (25C)
Chicken or tuna or fish

Post workout
500ml apple juice (70g C)
3 tbsp whey

No fat post workout as all it does is slow absorption.

The carbs here will NOT store as fat. It will be used for recuperation.

And eight meals is not excessive, so long as youdont exceed caloric requirements

omanaman,

yeah it is peanut butter not butter, sorry. Imagine that butter on a cutting diet...LOL
:smash: I would have to be crazy.

blood_drinker,

So apple juice is good for post cycle recovery? Is ther anything else i could take carb wise? Thanks.

Thanks alot.

M56M

M56M,

i wouldn't put too much stock in info coming from somebody who hasn't even finished puberty yet

i eat my most well balanced meal after my workout - meat - vegetables - beans - etc
>> i wouldn't load up on sugars (i.e. apple juice), just get a lot of quick absorbing protein (whey) and some healthy carbs

again - as for eight meals >> make life easier on yourself and cut it down to six, or every three to four hours

omanaman,

The only problem i am having is figuring out what carbs are good. What are good post workout? Give me a couple of examples. What about apples, in my third meal, should i just move the banana to a few hours before my workout and cut out that apple too?

Thanks bro.

M56M

if you go on the metabolic diet of mauro dipasquale, you'll see what to eat during the week and then the carb up on the weekend.I'd eat bacon ,steak,egg whites or sausages to replace fruit and oatmeal if I were you.

for a post workout meal i usually eat either a sweet potato and some vegetable juice or some black beans and rice -- the thing is you workout and lift in the morning ( i workout at 5 so dinner is my post workout meal) -- i think your postworkout meal is fine -- i would just include some carbs with every meal before and including dinner - then cut the carbs

good carbs while cutting:

fruits and vegetables
black beans (beans in general - high in fiber )
yogurt is good (acidophilus - keeps your guts clean)
oatmeal or bran cereal (again, fiber)
yams/sweet potatoes

hope this helps - i'll write down my diet when i get a chance ( NO TIME NOW)

omanaman,

i would really appreciate if you get an extra minute in the day for you to post your diet, thanks.

diamonddiceclay,

I am very active throughout the day, i also run at night if the energy is there. Unfortunately i need some carbs to function at a good level. But i do see your point, i tried that diet and thats how i got myself down to 175 last year from 220lb. It is very affective, but i will sacrifice the extra time it will take me by eating those few extra carbs. Thanks for the suggestion, it is still appreciated. If i really see NO results then i will have to cut the carbs completely:bawling: , lets see how it goes

M56M

M56M

the first thing you've got to realize when dieting is that getting ripped takes time and patience

most people go on diets hoping to drop a shitload of weight and getting cut up as quickly as possible -- this most often just isn't the case. You'll have to modify your diet and workouts according to the progress you are making. You might burn off 10 pounds in the first month of a diet and then maybe just 2 pounds for the second month? Those last few pounds are a bitch to get off.

Anyways, this usually leads people to disregard nutrition while dieting. I personally don't go on keto diets becuase I don't view them as being "healthy". I like to eat 5 well balanced meals throughout the day. This provides me with a steady intake of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, and carbs. And when I go to the gym I have a lot of energy available for a super intense workout.

So heres my diet:

meal1 8:30 -
1 scoop whey protein w/5g glutamine
1 bowl bran ( ALL BRAN ) cereal with 1/2 banana or 1 bowl oatmeal
1 tbsp flax oil

meal2 12:00 -
1 tunafish salad sandwich (2 slices whole wheat bread and salad made with fat free mayo and olive oil)
1 apple
1 small can vegetable juice

meal3 3:30 -
1 cup yogurt
2 cups skim milk w/5g creatine
small handfull nuts (walnuts, almonds, not roasted or salted)

meal4 7:00 -
varies from week to week
- 6-8oz. meat (chicken, steak, pork, turkey)
- carb dish (black beans and rice, bean salad w/whole wheat pasta, sweet potato, veggies)

meal5 10:30
1-2 scoops Optimum Pro-Complex protein powder
1 cup skim milk
5g glutamine
1 tbsp flax oil
1 tbsp peanut butter

this diet yeilds around 2000-2200 calories with about 200g protein; 50g fat; the rest carbs??
This helps me maintain my size at arounds 170lbs 5'11" - solid muscle ---> plus i can stay on it year round (winters I usually go on a bulking cycle)

additionally, I do cardio about 5 times a week for 30-60 minutes and have a solid workout routine (intensity is the key)

anymore questions M56M - I'll be happy to help

What time do you work out? What do you eat post workout? Can i substitute a banana for the apple? Is it ok to make the meals smaller and more spreadout throughout the day? I am on EQ and i am always hungry, so that would help with my cravings.

You know what i have to agree with you one this. Last year i tried ckd diet, even though it worked great, i lost weight, but it really had me feeling shitty. Looking at your diet, i am going to make adjustments to my own. I also believe the intensity of your workout is key, and if i cut carbs out, my workouts would go to shit. I am 190 and pretty lean, i think its worth sacrificing they time it will take to cut up, with a more reasonable diet than an extreme one. Thanks alot, i will keep you posted with my results.

Thanks again.
M56M

I've been dieting hard now since March. I've had my ups and downs as this was my first experience trying to get cut, ready for a show. I find that if you aren't in an extreme hurry to get ripped and also to save muscle you must have some carbs. I'm now going zero for 5 days and then up 1, but that's because I am in a rush to cut fat. As I was saying, I think that carbs can be ok. I was eating 1/2 cup oatmeal (25-30carbs) in a.m. after 1 hour cardio and a myoplex (25 carbs) after workout. I also got some carbs from brocolli, green beans, and other green stuff, but those really aren't much. I would say around 75-100carbs/day on average with 300-350g protein, and fats moderate (50-60). You just have to test it out for a couple weeks to see what happens. Adjust your carbs, then your fats. I think that the only time you need them is in the a.m. which also keeps you from craving them as much throughout the day, and after your workout.

Top Bottom