Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please critique my cutting/maintaining muscle diet

Jax

What's up everyone

I'm 6'3"
215-220 lbs
maybe 15% bf
what's killing me lately is my 38-39" waist
I've always had a relatively fast metabolism, but lately I've crept up there in fatness. What I would like to do is cut out some of the fat (but keep the muscle) before I begin to bulk again, so I can be lean before I start eating everything in sight. I'm natural, and here's the diet I started Monday. It's a 1500 or so calorie drop from what I was eating to put on weight, my question is do you think it'll work to cut out the bf while maintaining the muscle? My training routine is fine, 4 days a week getting me stronger all the time. Any input is GREATLY appreciated!

730AM
1/2 cup oatmeal
16 oz skim milk
4 jumbo eggs(2 yolks)
570 cals, 47g P, 55g C, 21g F

930AM
turkey sandwich on wheat w/ mustard
columbo 99% fat free yoghurt
580 cals, 43g P, 64g C, 14g F

1130AM
1/8 lb pasta (uncooked weight)
1 cup spagh sauce
490 cals, 11g P, 88g C, 10g F

130PM
turkey sandwich/yoghurt
580 cals, 43g P, 64g C, 14g F

330PM
protein shake w/ skim milk
400 cals, 62g P, 30g C, 3g F

530PM
1 cup white potato
1 cup no-fat cott. cheese
310 cals, 27g P, 44g C, 0g F

630PM
train

immediately after workout
16oz grape juice w/ creatine
protein shake
560 cals, 62g P, 72g C, 3g F

10PM
6 oz chicken
2tbsp peanut butter
490 cals, 50g P, 6g C, 24g F

TOTAL:
cals: 3980
g P: 345 36% of cals
g C: 423 44% of cals
g F: 89 20% of cals

supps: Multivitamin in morning,

**E/C/A stack three times a day 25/200/300 mg ratio**

How does that look? Are the ratios alright, and the food combos OK? You think my cals are too high to drop a little fat weight? 3980cals divided by my weight of 220 equals 18cals/lb bodyweight. Is that too high to burn fat?

Last edited:
I, too suffer from tall-man disease!

6'2" 219 @6%BF

I highly recommend you read Mr X's CKD manual...can't be beat for fat loss, and not that difficult to stick to, either!

I've gone the no-carb route before, and I honestly can't stand it. I'm hoping this diet will trim at least some of the fat off me...with the ECA and hard training I must be burning more than 3900 cals a day. BTW if anyone wondered I'm natural (I heard someone saying DNP...) :D

Just a word of advice: Too many carbs, not enough protein.

Try doing protein/carb cycling.
www.elitefitness.com/articles
Mr.X's dieters digest

It's not a no-carb, it's actually fluctuating your carbs between low and high.

Mr.X :cool:

mr. x, i completely agree. you may also want to drop the fat grams to maybe like 50g (spread over 5 meals)
Definetly drop the carbs to around 200g
For your body weight, 4000 calories is a lot, if your trying to cut

I would say if you keep you carbs under 30gms/day, you'll reach ketosis avantually, anything more than that will keep you out of ketosis. I'm reading a book about it and it makes alot of sence when it says that people that were on 3000 cal/day lost more bodyfat than those that were on 1500 cal/day, just because most of those (3000cal/day) calories were from animal fats and lean protein. One good statement in that book is " The more carbs in your diet, the less bodyfat loss ". Hope that helps a bit.

Too many carbs, huh? Shit... :D How about if I cut out 150 grams or so of carbs and add 50 grams of protein, cutting the cals down to 3500, making 36% carbs and 44% protein total. Keto can't be the only way to trim fat, right? I mean, I only want to trim up a couple pounds so when I begin bulking my lean bodymass ratio is higher and my gains are more muscle than fat. Thanks!

If you're only looking to lose a few pounds, you don't necessarily have to go on a full-blown CKD diet. But there's no doubt, you will have to up your protein and lower your carbs.

If I could make a guess as a member of the over 6', over 200lb club, you're actually eating more than half a cup of oatmeal. Plus you're probably eating more than 2 oz of pasta with your lunch. Those amounts constitute about two bites each for guys like us. So frankly, I don't buy it.

Also, by 1:30 pm you've eaten four slices of bread, oatmeal, and pasta. That's too much. I'd suggest adding some lean ground beef to your spaghetti sauce to up the protein, and cutting out the bread for at least one sandwich.

One of the members on here, Keiko suggests an excellent web site for daily nutrition measurements. It'll tell you all your nutrional amounts and percentages. It was a big help to me:

FitDay

Good luck bud!

I'm sure about the oatmeal, I measure it out. When you cook it in water it's a full bowlful. The pasta is uncooked, I do a pound at a time and get about 6-8 servings, so....

I could substitute tuna for one of the turkey sandwiches, a protein shake for the pasta, and put pasta in place of the potatoes and cott cheese preworkout. Is that any better?

Turkey or tuna, doesn't matter. You need to lose the bread. Actually, you should cut out one of those morning meals completely. By 11:30 am, you've eaten three meals already, that's one too many.

Other suggestions:

Add lean (93% fat free or better) ground beef to your spaghetti sauce.

Switch to a low carbohydrate, lower calorie protein shake. The one I use has 44gr protein, 4gr carbs, 170 calorie per serving. They are out there. Get some.

Take your creatine with 4oz of juice instead of 16oz.

Make sure the yogurt is unsweetened (even if it's fat free). If it's not, you might as well be eating pudding.

Substitute flax oil for the peanut butter and take it earlier in the day. I mix mine with my shakes.

Beyond that, get on the web or search this board and do your research!

Top Bottom