Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New here, just posting up my goals and stats

emilye84

Hey ladies!
I just had a baby this past December and have been rather lazy since then. I was about 150 before the baby, now I am around 170. I am 5'8" and 24 years old. I have been dieting since he was born and have lost about 25 pounds so far, but I have hit a plateau so I am trying to up the ante and FINALLY get into the gym and do what I know I need to do. I'm just so sick of not feeling good about myself. I have recently started a new diet, here's my menu for today:

Breakfast:
One egg beater
One cup of shredded wheat cereal with one tbs. of flax seed and 1/2 cup skim milk
One cup mixed fruit
One cup skim milk

Snack:
Tomato and cucumber salad
One serving whole wheat crackers

Lunch:
One slice whole grain bread
2 ounces sliced turkey
2 cups salad with one large tomato
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. olive oil

Snack:
One apple
1/2 cup V8 juice
6-8 almonds

Dinner:
4 ounces salmon (with balsamic, 1 tsp. olive oil for cooking)
One cup asparagus
1/2 cup brown rice
One pear

Snack:
One cup skim milk heated
One tsp. cocoa powder
One packet of Splenda

The menu varies a little bit from day to day but not much. I am looking to lose around 25 pounds. I just joined the gym today, I have a session with a trainer on Friday morning. I took a 40 minute walk today around my very hilly neighboorhood. I am planning to go to the gym 4-5 times per week. How am I doing so far?

you can add some sort of solid protein at every meal, thus reducing some of the carbs accordingly

emilye84 said:
Hey ladies!
I just had a baby this past December and have been rather lazy since then. I was about 150 before the baby, now I am around 170. I am 5'8" and 24 years old. I have been dieting since he was born and have lost about 25 pounds so far, but I have hit a plateau so I am trying to up the ante and FINALLY get into the gym and do what I know I need to do. I'm just so sick of not feeling good about myself. I have recently started a new diet, here's my menu for today:

Breakfast:
One egg beater
One cup of shredded wheat cereal with one tbs. of flax seed and 1/2 cup skim milk
One cup mixed fruit
One cup skim milk

Snack:
Tomato and cucumber salad
One serving whole wheat crackers

Lunch:
One slice whole grain bread
2 ounces sliced turkey
2 cups salad with one large tomato
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. olive oil

Snack:
One apple
1/2 cup V8 juice
6-8 almonds

Dinner:
4 ounces salmon (with balsamic, 1 tsp. olive oil for cooking)
One cup asparagus
1/2 cup brown rice
One pear

Snack:
One cup skim milk heated
One tsp. cocoa powder
One packet of Splenda

The menu varies a little bit from day to day but not much. I am looking to lose around 25 pounds. I just joined the gym today, I have a session with a trainer on Friday morning. I took a 40 minute walk today around my very hilly neighboorhood. I am planning to go to the gym 4-5 times per week. How am I doing so far?

You need more protein. Example; breakfast, instead of shredded weat you should have 1 yolk and 3 eggwhites.
Cut out the crackers and bread and have oatmeal, yams.
Cut out the cocoa powder and V8, is just sugar.

Sorry, I don't sugar coat what I say. I believe in learning from the start.
The rest is pretty good.

And welcome!

Last edited:
Okay, sounds good so far. I was following a menu plan to a t that I had seen in a magazine.

I don't need sugar coated. Sugar coated is what got me to where I am :) Well, sugar coated, butter coated, batter coated, lol.

Welcome to EF. Stick around :)

So I ate oatmeal instead of shredded wheat this morning:

1/2 cup organic oats
3/4 blueberries
2 egg beaters
1 1/2 cup black tea with 2 Splenda

Better?

emilye84 said:
Should I replace a meal or snack with a protein shake? And if so, which snack or meal?

You are doing so well; terrific!!!

Top Bottom