Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low test.. symptoms, signs, possibilities?

Look at Steve's signature ... there is a link to a post explaining bloodwork and getting it done.

Then ... dude ... you packed on 30LBS IN 4 MONTHS and for some reason you don't seem to know how decent that is! You have to recognize it man! And congrats to you for doing it all natty ... that really is decent! Are you following the StrongLifts program correctly and lifting in the splits and following the rest days it recommends? Adding 5lbs every workout is feesable and realistic in the beginning, provided that you start with an empty bar, but only for so long. Have you EVER trained before you started with the SL program ... at all?

For a skinny guy with small bone structure and not much muscle (when you started on this in Jan) you have made good progress, really good progress. If you never trained before, then you have made exceptional progress. When I was 26 I weighed a measly 138 @ 5'11" and it took me 4 years of training, resting and eating eating eating eating and EATING to get to a reasonable 160. I hit plateu there and started supplementing. A further 2 years and I hit 175. So it took me 6 years of training, resting, eating AND supplementing to gain 7 lbs more than what you gained in 4 months! I was your typical hard gainer. So, in light of my own road ... you have done pretty damn good and have nothing to be concerned over except your lack of patience ... Keep at it ... keep hitting the iron and eating and supplementing and resting. Your strength break through will come and your mass gains as well, don't worry, just keep at it. You might not end up being a 200lbs+ dude, but that is not the be-all-end-all, you know?

Exactly what I thought Essie.

I think 30Ibs of gains in 4-5 months is pretty remarkable, even for a newby. This guy should be proud with what he's already achieved. Even if he only puts on another pound a month, he'll be about 185Ibs within two years.
If he increases his caloric intake and gets an experienced partner I reckon he'll break the 200Ib barrier (and naturally) withing 2-3 years.

He obviously has some sort of good genetics and a small bone structure can make an aesthetically pleasing bodybuilder too. Arnie had medium bone structure and a tiny waist, and his slim bones made him - arguably - the world's best ever.

Go for it mate. All will come good for you.

Craig

Thanks for the kind words guys..

Yeah essie I've been following it strict with the A/B workouts (a: squat bench row, b: squat press deadlift) doing mwf so its a 2 week rotation.
I currently workout at home and don't have an oly bar, but this is good because the 45lb bar was way too much for me, I mean, like I said I started squatting just my bodyweight and that was messing my legs up for a while. Started the deadlift at about 50lbs too, but that was pretty easy. The deadlift is the only exercise where I feel like I am making decent strength gains. I started probably for the first month just doing the same weights over and over because DOMS were killing me, until my muscles got used to it. Then adding 5lbs a workout became impossible.. I mean I started benching 40 and in 2-3 months more im now benching 80.. thats only 5lbs.. if that a week vs if I had added 5lbs per workout I should be benching well over 100lbs by now. Im making gains in size yes.. but I dont feel like the strength is there.. and since I am gaining size I know I am eating well enough.. I hadnt been working out ever before and was a pretty sedentary individual.. im as fresh as it gets really.

I just feel like the numbers I am putting up at pathetic.. Im not obese so I wonder where the hell my size has come from because the weights im moving arent all that much more. My goal is to bench a plate.. and for most guys even those who never worked out thats like a starting point :/ there are skinny runner chicks on my facebook pulling 2 plates and snatching a plate and shit and I just dont get how lol

LOL!!!!! The SL workout is (and this is a personally opinionated statement and, consequently, arguable) one of the best there is. Look at any weighlifter's training routine vs your bodybuilder .... HUGE difference and the weighlifter's routine is EXTREMELY similiar to SL .... though some lifters love aesthetics as well and will add some BB excercises. Just have patience and persevere mate. I promise you that things will up in time, unless there is some weird neurological condition that you suffer from. I have seen guys in the gym who started fresh and green like you and most of them pile the weights on as expected, but every now and then one or two join who cannot get past benching 90lbs for about 14-18 months, no matter what, until one day where it just happens and the nerves fire up, the motivation is back (as it tends to go away), the focus is there, the body is rested and BAM ... they go from 90 to 120 in 4 sets! Shit happens ... but if you SH ... then IT happens ... get it?

I'm not entirely sure on the macro %ages

Typical day from wake to sleep is about as follows:
morning: 1 scoop whey, 22g protein, 1cup oatmeal + 1cup mixed berries (500cals~)
midmorning: natty pb sandwich on ancient grain bread (500cals~)
lunch: 1-1.5 chicken breast or 1/2 ground beef, or equivalent steak or pork steak, + 1/2-2/3cup brown rice + a green like brocolli, brussels sprouts, spinach, peas, or corn, (1k cals)
mid afternoon: apple or a banana, sometimes a few handfuls of almonds if im extra hugnry that day (?? negligible)
I get home and have 2 more scoops of whey, or wait until after I train on training days
dinner: similar to lunch, I make dinner + lunch for the next day at the same time

I dont eat much else after dinner, maybe some carrots or light snacks.. I know Im hitting 3k cals, Ive done the estimates that way and I know Im getting at least 1g per lb of body weight protein, and with the amount of brown rice or whole wheat pasta, plus the oatmeal I know I am getting a good amount of carbs.. Im not packing on fat and I am making gains but they just seem so miniscule. Sometimes I will eat half the lunch and then the other half a few hours later on my next break at work. I heard that splitting your meals into little bits throughout the day is just broscience nonsense and it doesnt matter so long as youre getting the macros? I don't think my stuff is that far off but if you really think those %ages could play a significant role I guess Ill look into figuring them out exactly

thanks for the response

Eat more, your eating lean which normally would be a good thing but at your height and weight you can basically eat whatever you want. Grab some steaks and McDonald's bro!

I don't know how Id handle not being able to increase the weight for over a year.. thats insane. I mean, Im upset with a 5lb a week/2week rate.. still I feel weak as hell. A little browsing on here had a dude at 6'1 and 155lbs saying he was benching 225.. and it just boggles my fucking mind.

I think Im going to switch to a variation of the SS routine using chins/pulls and dropping to the 3x5 instead of 5x5 and see what happens there, switch things up a little bit. May also just do pushups for a bit instead of bench pressing. I cant actually do a chin up or a pullup.. so Ill use the smith and do rack chins/pulls gradually increasing the angle until I can hack the real deal.
I like the way this looks, only 1 deadlift a week which sucks but I really feel like my lats are really falling behind, which is pretty bad considering i consider everything else to be behind.

Week 1
Monday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
1x5 Deadlift
Wednesday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
3x10 Back Extension
3xFailure(15 max) Chin-ups
Friday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
5x3 Power Clean
Week 2

Monday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
3x10 Back Extension
3xFailure(15 max) Pull-ups
Wednesday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
1x5 Deadlift
Friday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
3x10 Back Extension
3xFailure(15 max) Chin-ups
Again thanks for the inspiring words, I guess maybe I'm not doing all that bad considering where I started.. but still, it gets to me :eek:

Eat more, your eating lean which normally would be a good thing but at your height and weight you can basically eat whatever you want. Grab some steaks and McDonald's bro!
I already have more of a belly than I'd like at the moment, I'll stick to eating lean :eek:

edit:: plus, being honest, the cost of a double quarter pounder combo comes out to about $10, I can go buy 4x+ the amount of ground beef for the same price ;)

Top Bottom