Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Liposuction to augment training

nycfitguy

I started at 155 and after two test/deca cycles over a year I got up to 185. I've always had a belly and love handle prob which got worse. Now, at 39, I can't get rid of em. You guys all talk honestly about juice but anyone wanna fess up about surgery? I do not live in the gym and obsession with diet is not my desired lifestyle. I am happy where I am at now - not fat anywhere else - but hate the pudge. Anyone have any helpfull feedback about lipo for belly and flanks?

I dont think you will get many responses on a anabolic discussion board, you can maybe try the life extension board

I would recommend steady low dose site injections of GH before I'd recommend liposuction. I had some lipo 11 years ago and it took me almost a year to get back to normal or see any results. It works well but it wreaks havoc with a workout schedule and throws you off your diet too because you feel like shit for a month or more.

Face it -- it's major invasive surgery. They rip your fuckin' body to shreds. Worse than being in a car/motocycle accident.

On the other hand I'm on my third month of very low doses of GH and I've already had better results with no pain. I'm also on a cutting cycle which isn't hurting matters either.

My two cents.

Zipps

nycfitguy said:
I started at 155 and after two test/deca cycles over a year I got up to 185. I've always had a belly and love handle prob which got worse. Now, at 39, I can't get rid of em. You guys all talk honestly about juice but anyone wanna fess up about surgery? I do not live in the gym and obsession with diet is not my desired lifestyle. I am happy where I am at now - not fat anywhere else - but hate the pudge. Anyone have any helpfull feedback about lipo for belly and flanks?
I just called an md in NYC and got a quote of 4-7grand for the lipo of the ab area-I'd call it a last resort

Don't waste your money. Takes time for the swelling to go down and if you don't change your eating habits you will have fat by the time it goes down. I have seen competitors who have had liposuction and if gives the abdomen a golf ball look (small inditions - like acne scars). Liposuction takes away unwanted fat cells but the remaining fat cells have a greater propensity for growth. So although there is less fat cells you can be fat in the subject areas.

After you've made an effort to reduce your BF% below 10%, then exploring plastic surgery would make sense. You may have areas resistent to dieting. Go to a plastic surgeon who has experience doing procedures on men. Get a free consultation and ask all the necessary questions. I am a big advocate of plastic surgery after fat loss dieting is "completed."

So I read all your comments and let me make some stuff clear. I am 39 and have been going to the gym since im 16 years old. Working out and healthy eating have ALWAYS been part of my lifestyle. I am 5'8" and have always weighed a fit 155 to 160 lbs. I have gotten my weight as high as 185 using "chem assistance" under a doc's supervision. I read everything on working out and nutrition, have been on all sorts of programs, and have worked with trainers. Through it all, I have always had a thick middle. When i say that, it is something only I would notice. I could never get my abs to cut. My waist has always been from 29 (at 19 years of age) to 32" recently, and all time high was 33" at 185 lbs. What I'm saying is that with all that work it was very discouraging to always see abs covered with a layer of flab. I have ALWAYS been on a diet - low cal, low fat, fasting, combining, vegatarian and more recently - Atkins and body for life. I got so obsessed that I developed an ulcer fm constant dieting. The only time I ever had flat abs was when I had a break up, got depressed, stopped eating, and went down to 135 lbs. I looked sickly and emaciated but finally had a flat belly. WOW - i had abs - great!
Living on a constant diet - ALWAYS seeking a way to finally lose the ab flab - thinking SOMEDAY i will do it - it got frustrating. I am not fat and shouldn't be "dieting" always. What I mean is I shouldnt be trying to change my weight. Wanting to lose bodyfat was fine but I finally figured that genetically, this was probably me. Anyway, three days ago I did it. My doctor said I was a perfect candidate - in shape - NOT OVERWEIGHT at 155lbs (about 13% bodyfat). I just wanted my belly and lovehandles to match the rest of the lean me. What I meant in my first posting about not wanting to LIVE this way was I didnt want to live the rest of my life trying to get down to below 10% bodyfat. Who can sustain that?? So after it was done (took 2 hours), the doc took out 3 lbs that was bugging me for over 20 years. He really changed my shape - not my weight. He said that I would have had to lose 20 to 30 lbs to get that 3 pounds off. So it is done. I look flat but im sore and puffy. We'll see how it looks and "works". Will it look natural? It is weird to finally have a FLAT stomach and a tapered waist. I had a four pack. Will i have a six or eight pack now? I'll tell you guys as the swelling goes down. Anyway, don't be so judgemental. We're all just trying to do our best. Current info on obesity and losing weight supports the fact that diets for loosing are not good long term solutions - but that can start a whole new discussion. Ill keep you guys posted.

Sounds good and given your rare situation it was probably the solution. However, liposucktion scares me. Especially when people use it as a lazy way to lose weight. You hear stories of people getting it that don't even train or diet first. Basically what happens is the fat cells are removed but what about the fat on the inside, the arteries, the heart. These can only be flushed and burned through vigorous excercise. Once these fat cells are removed from the stomach they will not store as much fat there again but assuming we still consume a similar amout of food, where do you think it will be stored instead? That is right, more is stored at the other fat cells. Including the ones likely to cause further health problems.

Hey ncyfitguy,
keep us updated on how your progress goes.
I have the same problem that you have same exact thing. I almost did lipo about 4 years ago but decided to wait until the science advance a little more.
Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom