Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg Day!

tripleV

OK

I want to have a great set of wheels and will be working extra frickin hard on them. I know some of you do the same....

But it's also so tough...sooooo

Reply to this when it's you leg day...and give us the juicy details....

Just to keep it interesting (and to make sure we are all working those things) ...maybe compete with ya'll...hopefully!

:)

Well, I had leg day 2 days ago, and I could barely get out of bed this morning, im serious, it hurt so bad, husband is in just as bad of shape, it hurt so bad that there was no chance of sex, we couldn't figure out a way that didn't have 1 of us in intense pain, time to go and try to stretch out :)

well i just got back from my leg workout. they were still sore form last Saturday !!!
anyhoo..went ok..did squats, stiff leg deads, leg press, extension and curls....
tried going heavier but lacked form.....must be patient...

I talked about this in the training forum. I am NEVER sore. It irks me!

Last night, I finally met with a personal trainer. I told him: "Work me as hard as you possibly can. Show no mercy."

Well, he didn't work me out HALF as hard as I work myself. So I did a stupid thing.

I know you have to be careful of over-training, (usually I wait 5 days before touching a muscle group again) but .... After working with him, I returned to the gym to do my own damn workout!

Not sore this morning, won't be later (I can guarantee). Now I wonder if I overtrain? Fuck it. I thought the idea was to push yourself to the max. :mad:

That's odd buksoon...I know that for me the pain makes me feel like I accomplished something. Is this only with your legs, or all muscles? :(

well, just got back from my leg day..

lotsa squats... regular and front.... (quad-centric day :) )... i LOVE front squats... they burn up my quads soooo good...

both squat racks were occupado when i got to the gym, so i had to load up the smith machine to start... did 225 on smith (which probably is only about 200.. but that's still a new high for me... i hate working on the smith machine though...i wish those racks would have been free, or that my ass would have gotten there a little earlier (my gym closes at 7 on weekends)... i could have broken my record....) but after that, when the rack came free i could only get under 155 since my legs were already maxed... :( oh well, next time i'm going for 205 free! one step closer to 225!

did hack squats, quad extensions (these make me cry, literally)... threw in some deadlifts just so those hammies don't forget who thier boss is :)... finished off with some abductor/adductor work...

legs feel like jello... love it... i'm going to stretch and sit in a bath now...

Buksoon,
What type of workout did he perform w/ you? just curious...
Do you gals train legs one day, hams another- or does everyone here train one big, gruesome leg day?

I train my quads and hams seperate days because my quads are WAY bigger than the rest of my body ( I've been told I look out of proportion). I train hams every 4 days - different order every workout and I train quads every 6 to 7 days. I'm not going as heavy as I used to go because of the "out of proportion" thing. Makes me mad though! I love my leg days!!!

Flex,

He did for me exactly what I do for me, with alterations.

I do:
leg extensions
leg curls
leg press
squats

He omitted the squats. And he didn't go as heavy with the weights. To his credit, he showed me how to keep my knees together on leg presses. That, at least, was a new trick. Guess I am just mostly an old dog.....

Also, he had me go slower on the reps. Now, LET ME EXPLAIN. I probably go just as slow (no, I go slower!) but it's because the weights are so heavy that it's impossible to go fast.

He had me going extremely, deliberately slow on light weights. So it was a "control thing." Slower than molasses on way down and they whip it up, super fast.

I don't know. When I work out myself I get to a point where I just crumble on the lift. My muscle fails and I flop like a dying trout. (And still NEVER sore!!!)

I never reached failure point with him.

It's Labor Day. I spent whole weekend doped up on Benadryl (therefore in and out of sleep) and eating Entenmann's cookies! Any one else getting SLAMMED allergy-wise?

don't know your regular routine, but do your squats first... compound exercises are very taxing and require all the muscle strength you can boister up...

Top Bottom