Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg Day!

I do, Phem!

I do the squats first (everything else I vary) for the simple reason that they scare the shit out of me. I don't want the specter of them looming over my head!

Perhaps on a subconscious level I understand they need to be done while there's as much glycogen in my system as possible (beginning workout, not end).

Isn't it kinda cool how we do the "right" things not necessarily because we're armed with this bastion of scientific research, but because our muscles are yelling at us: "Do it THIS way!!"

yeah, I see how you didn't get much from it- light weights, really slow & only 3 x's not to failure- sometimes guys underestimate a gal's strength

wide leg press- toes & knees way out & up high on the platform- is good too if ya' haven't tried 'em

laboring on Ent cookies & Benadryl this holiday, huh? :)

Just had leg night. And I did what I wanted to do on the squats---225 pds!!!!! Wahoooooo!!!! Got out 12 in one set.....could of gone on , I think, but had a lot of other stuff to do.......I could then only put 7 plates a side on the leg press.....then about 150 on the leg extension, and 100 pounds on hamstring machine ( which i find so humiliating, with my ass in the air ). Just happy about the squats....felt like I could of done those all night long. Wanted to get some lunges in......but was whooped. Damn sinus/head cold has got me screwed.

holy momma ann! that's fantastic!

so where ya sore??? hahaha how's your ass feel? maybe we can get a shot of them wheels sometime now! Do you see them developing like you wanted?

But wow! that's awesome work for squats baby! bahm!

Anyone else have trouble balancing sometimes with squats. I have a one leg higher up in my hip so I don't stand parallel. One of my feet is acually further in front or else I would tumble over ... and have actually!

What can I do to help balance? Anyone use a plank, under toes or under heels? My husband spots me sometimes but if he even comes close to touching me, I lose my balance.

I do focus and keep my head up. Learned that lesson! looked down at my feet for an instant. bam!

Yesterday was leg day. Usually start with squats, upped my total and increased reps (nuthin like ann....!) and the other usual stuff. The two things that absolutely killed me were 4 sets of sissy squats and 3 sets of hyperextensions. And then.... the walk down 2 flights of stairs from the 2nd story gym I work out at. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Of course I make myself struggle down the stairs because if I took the elevator that would be admitting that I'm a wuss!

I'm not sore yet 3V, my hamstrings feel a little tight.

On squats, my hubby stands behind me and assists me getting the bar off fine, and getting my stance. Then I tell him to back off......cause he messes me up if he holds me.

Then I have to look straight, even though EVERYONE tells me to look at the ceiling. If I get a focal point straight in front of me, then I tend to keep my balance fine. If I look up, then my center of balance is knocked off. I have never been one to follow rules:D I make my own way :rolleyes: But it works..............ha ha .

went to the gym last night with my little brother.. well he's not quite little 6'0 190 and about 9% bf and it was leg day all was going well until HE went to do squats. he loads up, down he goes,he started looking a little green i grabbed the garbage pail just in the nick of time. 'cause up came dinner it was nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a waste of good protein! lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom