Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg Day!

i did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my last set od squats yesterday:

225 FOR 10 F----------G REPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DEEP....BUTT ON HEELS......FEET RIGHT @ SHOULDER WIDTH!!!!!

ok so i'm alittle excited.....and no i didnt do any presses or any more squats that day......i wuz dun!!!!!:) :) :)

knee wraps.....

yes i use the ones with the red stripes down the center....the really stiff ones...and a belt....I AM SOOOOOOOOO SORE!!!!!!

My leg workout for yesterday, my quads are 23 inches, I don't know if any of you ladies measure your quads, but I do.

Squats
4 sets pyramiding up in weight
1st set 155lbs 12 reps
2nd set 175lbs 10 reps
3rd set 195lbs 8 reps
4th set 215lbs 7 forced reps.

Hack Squats- Facing away
180lbs 15
230lbs 12
230lbs 12
270lbs 10

Leg Press-
230 lbs 10
230lbs 10
270lbs 8
270lbs 8

Stiff-leg( for Hams) I use a barbell
first 2 sets 95 lbs 8-12 reps
last 2 sets 115lbs 10-12 reps
I lose count because I do so many!!

Leg Curls- Sitting
50 for 12
70 for 12
90 for 10
95 for 8

Leg Extentions
70 for 15
90 for 12
110 for 8
115 for 6

Cardio and abs after, my quads are worked once a week with weights, and I do 40yard sprints every week.

How do you measure quads?

What's the correct place to measure quads? Up at the top (near crotch), or in the middle of the quad, or???

Thigh measure:

Take measurement 1 cm below the gluteal fold.

Mid-thigh measure:

Take measure midway between the trochanterion and tibiale laterale sites. Usually works out to be the middle of the hamstring as well.

W6

Jazz,

why don't you warm-up and hit 245 as you're first working set rather then pyramiding up?

Why compromise you first heavy lift (the squat) where you're going to work all your fast twitch fibers. Warm-up to 245 using 3 rep sets, then hit a set of 8 or so at 245, then a second set at 225 and a third at 205. Then move on. You'll get a much better stim of FT fibers and leg growth.

It makes no sense to me to be fatigued and then try to move your heaviest weight. Increased risk of injury because of sloppy form, lack of concentration, fatigue of stabilizing muscles, etc. Besides, I don't think if provides for maximal stimulus.

Try it the other way around for a while. I think you'll be happy with the results.

In fact, I'd do that with all you're leg exercises for a while and see what happens. Looking at the number of sets you're doing, I question if the first couple of sets mean much in terms of training effect because you're still able to do the last two sets heavier. If you're first two sets are actually taken to fatigue, there's no way you should be able to increase weight and still perform strict lifts.

W6

Im a little late on this thread...been busy!!! No I have never NOT been sore after a leg day w/ W6...not one time...always sore at least 2-3 days minimal....had a good leg workout the other day...could not bend down or walk well for a few days:(

Wilson, I have been working out for more than five years, so I fully aware of using proper form, did I mention I do not concentrate, I do each rep slow, and steady and I get fatigue by my method. I have had a numerous amount of leg routines, and it has been my experience to use whatever method you get results from, my legs grow with this routine, therefore I will stick to it until it is time to move on, I warm up by stretching and one set of leg extensions 30 reps to get that burn.

The idea is to be able to add more weight each week, not to stay at the same weight work out after workout, I can max out at 285lbs for 3 reps, so I thank you for the advance, but I have it under control.

Top Bottom