Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Left arm (tricep specific) TOTALLY weak - why?

Tri Girl

So. I've been working with a trainer for the first time ever (huzzah) and she's having me hit the tri excercises pretty hard. The thing is, I can usually get through one set of cable or standing free weight type tri work, then I get to the bench for skull crushers or extentions, and the left arm wont move. Literally. I had to have my trainer lift the ****EIGHT POUND**** weight for me. :O

wtf?

My right arm is fine (yes, I'm right handed). Today the fatigue manifested itself when I was doing chest work. Okay on the BP, but stopped working during flys.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

btw I'm not a complete newbie - I just started up again after a 5 month hiatus.

try doing skullcrushers first before cable pushdowns. alot of people have a week side. you may want to do some isolation on that one arm.

Lower your weight until your lagging part catches up. Don't EVER work that arm seperately...that is the worst thing you could do. Don't worry, I had the same problem with my left bicep when I first started. No matter how weak it seems now, it will catch up.

TG you might be experiencing a nerve problem....could be associated with cervical spine at C5-6 or C6-7....could be in shoulder region also and in left elbow....how much weaker is the left compared to right tricep- strength???? not endurance...have you ever sustained an injury to any areas I have mentioned?...if you do lower weight to accomodate, do moderate weight, not light, as the muscles will not be stimulated properly for this situation...let me know...

When i was younger I remember my grandpa having this object that he could squeeze that was used as therapy after his stroke. I seem to have the same problem with my whole left side of my upper body. I started bringing a 3lb weight with me to work and doing curls, lat raises, and overhead extensions(tri's) to make it stronger. Maybe get a good stress ball or some other device to make the tendons in your elbows on your left side stronger.

Doesn't hurt to try!

guys/ girls when the body is not working on "ONE-SIDE" that means that no information is getting thru to those extremeties...this means a BLOCKAGE of some type, physical or neurological....(actually that is the same thing )....the body will design and lay down new nerve paths, but only at a rate of approx. 1mm per every 30 days....thats IF the body precieves it and supplies the demand.....the #1 priority is to locate the block and diagnose it....

Last edited:
Top Bottom