Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just tried weighted chins and...

Rod555 said:
I think i must be gifted at chin ups. Ive only started doing them recently and i could do 15 good ones straight away (im 200lbs @ 10%btw) Im now doing sets of 10 with 30lbs attached to a chain through my support belt after about 4 weeks of doing them. My lifting buddy cant do 10 unweighted (he even took his trainers off the other day for less weight, the pussy!)

I wish i could do all my other exercises as well!

But i agree, they are a great excersise and i love doing them.

Do yall use chin ups and pull ups interchangably? What I call chin ups are reverse thin grip pull ups and I use on bicep day. But anyway I have one of these at my house. http://www.epinions.com/pr-Exercise_Equipment-Cap_Barbell_Dominator_Tower_FM3006#
And I like this because of the wide grip. I bought one of these because I weigh 255 and I now do 3 sets of 12. When I bought it I could probably do 3 and forget about a second set... I think pull ups are a great upper body builder, but I think the lats come into play using the wide grip. The grip is important.

i have always felt that an overhand grip was eaiser to hit my back with. it allows me to lean back more- but thats probably just more overhand practice speaking. as far as hitting my lats, a shoulder width grip works best for me. i can bring my elbows all the way into my sides, bar to chest, and get that maximum squeeze out of the lats and middle traps at the end.

Top Bottom