Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you could only do one lift, what would it be?

• Total voters
really the snatch? do you truly feel it builds the body equally in strength and size better than any other lift?...
would you then get more carryover into any functional lift?....
im very interested in your opinion bro...

One lift to prepare me for all life's physical challenges? The snatch is it. Yes, I believe the speed, strength, flexibility, and stability gained from snatches carries over to other lifts.

Deadlift has gotta win, the amount of strength and power and muscle gained from a deadlift definitely seem superior to any of the other lifts, tho I imagine olympic lifts might come close

Voted for Clean and jerk. Although the deadlift is a great exercise and i love it; having the bar over my head is much more glorious than holding it near my balls. I can also front squat while doing the clean which is one of my favourite exercises.

If you could only do one lift all your life what would it be? Ie you had to design a routine where you weren't allowed to use more than 1 lift. You could do variations of that lift but it must be essentially the same. So for bench press you could do close grip, regular, machine press, bench press with chains, etc.

For me, it is definitely the deadlift.

Since all the possible variations of a lift are allowed, clean and jerk has to win.

A variation on the beginning of the clean is a deadlift. Another part of the lift is the front squat. Another would be the military press. Hang cleans, high pulls, shrugs etc could all be part of your routine. No way deadlift would condition you as well as that. Or is that cheating :)

Top Bottom