Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I hate when people do that little bounce while exercising.

DJ_UFO said:
What a bunch of assholes. 99% of the people at the gym do that. When they are standing doing lateral raises or bicep curls, they do that little bounce with their calves and knees at the end of the movement cheating themselves. I wonder if they realize that or it just comes natural... :evil:

Sorry bro....I add a little bounce to my reps....its called explosiveness.....if you are just standing flat footed your not trying hard enough.

factory46 said:
And of course they do this like 2 feet from the mirror, blocking everyone else from the dumbells and making little hissing noises.
I'm nto gonan lie, i do this myself but i also bust my ass in the gym soo it goes hand in hand

Knight9 said:
uhhh...a slight bounce or momentum sway is needed when doing heavy barbell curls or heavy side laterals. sounds like you are watching people possibly do the exercise correctly.
try doing side laterals with 60s or 70s and not "bouncing".
stop complaining and concentrate on doing YOUR THING.

my point is sometimes the bounce is neccessary. especially when training heavy and hard. the 'bounce' at the top of the side lateral movement is also neccessary. the little duck under with your neck. quit nit picking.

Dude if you're sacrificing form because of the heavy weight, there's a simple reason for that. YOU ARE PUTTING TOO MUCH WEIGHT AND YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT. Of course doing laterals with 60's without bouncing is impossible BECAUSE IS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT. Simple as that. Instead of bouncing and cheating at the same time, lower the weight and execute strict form so you will not end up looking like a gorilla after years and years of training.

Now how the cheating works? somebody asked above. Well, when you're doing lateral raises, you lift your arm let's say until is parallel to the floor. Those 5-10 last degrees are the hardest part of the exercise and gives to the shoulder the maximum contraction. What these assholes do? well they lift their arms 5-10 degrees below the finish line, and at that point they flex their knees so their bodies go down while keeping the dumbells at the same height, so at that point the arms get parallel to the floor. And NO you are not using your shoulders to do that; when you do that fast as they do, you are using pure gravity. But their friends say "ohh...my nigguh is strong!!" and that's more important for those freaks. :rolleyes:

nothing's worse than the idiot who hisses like a snake or has to let out that "shwoooooooooooo" every rep..i just wanna go over there and bust a 25lb db on their head.

most of the top bodybuilders in the world must be assholes seeing how I have seen so many do this in thier videos. But what do they know

Top Bottom