Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much sleep do you get, on average each night?

How much sleep do you get, on average, each night?

• 5 hours or less

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • 5 to 6 hours

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • 6 to 7 hours

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • 7 to 8 hours

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • 8 to 9 hours

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • 9 hours or more

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
I try to get 8 hours... but my boyfriend comes home at 12:30 each night(he works Swing shift), I wake up at 0600 to go to work. I tend to wake up when he comes in.... cause I want to see him...

Unless I'm PMSing, I usually have to force myself to get 4-5 hours. I typically wake up after two and feel completely rested.

I love to sleep.

I am fortunate now that I can sleep in a little in the morning. I ususally get around 8 + hours of sleep a night. I go to sleep early and then I wake up early-mid morning.

Sleep...ahhh.

Sleep is good! I get up from 8 hours each night. I try to listen to my body and sleep as much as I NEED to. Good that my schedule allows for it! Sleep is now linked weight. Too little sleep: Weight gain. Has to do with ghrelin and leptin (hormone) levels fluctuating due to lack of sleep. Directly linked in a new study.... GO SLEEP!! It's good for you!!

For more:

Read this study:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2004-12-06-sleep-weight-gain_x.htm

In short it states that lack of sleep is now directly linked to weight gain. What happens is that hormones ghrelin and leptin fluctuate to make higher appetite and more feeling of starvation (hence appetite) from higher and lower levels respectively.

QUOTES:

People who routinely slept five hours a night had a 14.9% higher level of ghrelin and a 15.5% lower level of leptin than those who slept eight hours.

Researchers found that people who sleep two to four hours a night are 73% more likely to be obese than those who get seven to nine hours. Those who get five or more hours of sleep a night are 50% more likely to be obese than normal sleepers. Those who sleep six hours are 23% more likely to be obese.

:heart:

I find that when I don't sleep enough I have a much harder time eating clean. I crave carbs and sugar all day when I am sleep deprived. I make sure to get a minimum of 8 hours every night, often a bit more!

This is one of the things I am tracking in my training journal.

I did come across some recent research that suggests that 6-7 hours is optimal, anything more can be harmful to health as well.

Lack of sleep = stress = cortisol = belly fat

I know I don't get enough sleep, and it is one of those things that I am going to get sorted as I am going to have a LONG year of getting ready for comps, which is taxing enough on the immune system without adding this into the mix.

I used to think I was one of those people that could get by on less, but lately I've realized I don't feel "on my game" if I don't get at least 9 hours. I know it's ridiculous to need that much sleep, but I gotta have it or I don't function well.

6-7 hrs....

Bodybuilders should get 8 hrs a night...

P.S. Am I the only "male" here?

The_Alcatraz said:
6-7 hrs....

Bodybuilders should get 8 hrs a night...

P.S. Am I the only "male" here?
:qt:

That's alright, honey, we don't discriminate.

I wish I COULD sleep 8 hours. I can go to bed as early as I like but doesn't do you a whole lot of good to lie there and stare at the ceiling, does it? I just can't go to bed early.

I usually sleep in once a week, and then I'll get 8 or 9 hours, but I average right around 7 hours.

Top Bottom