Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much sleep do you get, on average each night?

How much sleep do you get, on average, each night?

• 5 hours or less

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • 5 to 6 hours

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • 6 to 7 hours

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • 7 to 8 hours

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • 8 to 9 hours

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • 9 hours or more

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
I'd say the norm for me is 6 hrs. but I go through boughts of insomnia where I'll average 3 hrs. a night for weeks or months at a time. Lately though, since I had surgery almost 2 weeks ago, I've been sleeping crazy amounts, like 10 hrs. a day...sometimes more. The other day I fell asleep at 5pm, woke up for an hour from 9-10pm, and then slept till 11 the next day.

I'm actually useless if I get more than 7. Feel like I have cement in my head and tar in my veins. 4 hours is about minimum, but I can still function - but the workout definitely suffers. I almost miss the college days when 4-5 hours every 2 days was enough and sleep dep was fun. :rolleyes:

I get just a little over 8 hours.

However, a lot depends on my diet. If I go very low carb, my sleep becomes very restless after a few days and I have trouble falling asleep.

One night six, one night 4, one night 7....oh, with three little ones it just depends who's teething, who's having bad dreams and who's "too old to be going to bed so early"!! Oh, and same thing with me and low carbs - low carbs=bad sleep=grumpy Tara.

Aaahhh...vacation in California is coming up...a full nights sleep is mine!

At least nine hours, sometimes 10-11. And I still feel tired and look like a zombie. Maybe I sleep too much :yawn:

Need 7 or 8...now that kids started back to school this week (I teach) I have only been getting 5 or 6 because I have to get up at 5:15am and I'm not used to going to bed early yet! I try to but don't fall asleep so I end up reading or watching TV. Doesn't help that I need to go to bed at 10 and the only two tv shows I really watch are on from 10-11! So I crash for an hour or two when I get home and am adjusting to my now hectic life (since I also take graduate classes 2 nights/week) and have also not been to the gym in two days :( But I've still lost half a pound this week so not all is lost.

Top Bottom