Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long to get results...

blakbelt

I started training about a month and a half ago.. and I started too hard... I had been working out 2 hours a day six days a week, heavy lifting routine on chest and arms 3 days a week, and running 7 miles a day. My Goal is to just get bigger. I have cut my lifting back to 4 days a week and run about 2 miles a day.. here are my routines.. pretty simple.

Chest... mondays and thursdays...

Flat Bench Press
10 Rep warm up
8 reps increased weight
6 reps increased weight
4 reps increased weight
2 reps or to exhausting max weight
then I take off 10 lbs at a time and work back up

Inclined Bench press
Same routine

Decline Bench press
Same routine

Dumbbell flys..
3 sets of 10.. increasing weight each time final set to failure.

Arms.. tuesdays and fridays

Barbell Curls
10 reps warm up
8 reps increased weight
6 increase weight
4 increase weight
2 max out

Hammer Curls
Same routine

Reverse Curls
Same routine

Skull Crushers
same routine

Close grip EZ bar presses
same routine

Over head tricep extensions
3 Sets increasing weight each set

I include a basic ab workout each time as well.. and contine to run 2 miles a day.

My biggest problem might be that I dont eat near enough.. I only really eat 2 times a day..
I have had major problems in the past with being overweight.. I am down to 165 from 220 in highschool.. I am afraid if I start eating the 6 meals a day deal as everyone says that I will balloon up. I want my gains to be in muscle not fat.. and my metabolism is about as low as it can go. Although I work out regularly.. I am just one of those unfortunate people to have a very low metabolism.

My question is.. would my lack of eating have a huge effect on my gains.. because I have been working for a month now and not seeing ANY increase in strength. Every time I go to the gym I am hoping I can put up maybe an extra 2 lbs and every time.. never fails.. I max out at exactly the same weight. Even though I am always sore the next day and I know I have worked it hard.

Suggestions please.. im getting frustrated.. maybe I just need patience.

a few words of wisdom:

1....eat a lot........ just make sure they are quality calories..... 60% complex carbs(potatoes,rice, grits, pasta)...... 30% protein..... (fish,chicken,steak).....10% fat....... you get your fat from protein...... dont voulentarily eat fat

its simple...... yes the eating is effecting you...... if you dont eat... you dont grow

i didnt notice your training your legs..... if your not.... dont expect to grow well

train your 4 days like this:
monday..... chest/tri
tuesday....legs
wed...off
thursday....back/bi
friday....shoulders and deadlifts
sat and sun off

keep your workouts under a minute and 15 minutes also.... no more

try this and watch yourself grow

good luck

You need to add more to your workout, your chest and arm workouts look solid but you are neglecting your shoulders, back and legs!! instead of working out the same muscles twice a week put your other muscles in there as you are probably overtraining your chest and arms. As for your diet you will need to eat at least 5 or 6 times a day if you wanna pack on some mucsle just eat quality foods, and lots of protein. Check this site out, may help a little:
http://www.testosterone.net/articles/167app.html

Good Luck Bro :D

Top Bottom