Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Goal 1 - met - need help for Goal 2

Hey I havent gotten my body % fat as of yet but I did the equation (bmr) - I'm 23, 168 lbs, 5'9" - comes out to be 1858.1. So my calorie needs is moderatly active is 2880 - do I eat that per day?

Your BMR is how many calories your body uses to function at a resting position. So when you use your BMR to determine your daily caloric requirements for a routine which is considered moderately active, the value is going to based on the fact that you will not lose or gain weight. It is a maintainence value. In your case, you have calculated a daily caloric requirement with moderate activity as 2880 calories. This is the value you would consume to maintain your current weight at this level of activity.

If you wanted to lose weight then these would be your options:

1. Decrease your caloric intake to 2380 per day and maintain your level of activity as moderate.
2. Maintain your caloric intake at 2880 per day but increase your level of activity to very active.
3. Decrease your caloric intake to 2380 per day and increase your level of activity to very active.

By decreasing your caloric intake by 500 calories per day (3500 total calories per week) you will lose one pound (minimum) in bodyweight. By introducing physical activity, primarily through cardio, you will increase the weight loss. The more you decrease your caloric intake and increase your level of activity, the more bodyweight you will lose. A loss of one to two pounds per week is considered healthy. It is important to lift heavy during this time to help maintain and define the mass which you currently have but expect to lose some body mass (muscle) during this time. Excessive weight loss over a short period will also mean an excessive loss in mass too, so take your time.

If you wanted to add mass then these would be your options:

1. Increase your caloric intake to 3380 per day and maintain your level of activity as moderate.
2. Increase your caloric intake to 3880 per day and increase your level of activity to very active.
3. Maintain your caloric intake at 2880 per day but decrease your level of activity to lightly active.

In this case, your level of activity would be based around resistance training (weights) and not cardio. Any type of cardio should be limited to warming up muscle groups prior to working out.

The above values are only general guides as the levels of activty (lightly active, moderately active, very active) are open to interpretation based on an individual's capabilities. For example, mederate exercise to me, after training for 7 years, is different to someone else who is just starting out. Play about with the numbers to find out what produces the best, long-term, results for you.

But get your BFP sorted out first.

KP--Fitness Basics

kian is a stud...

I agree with 1 more rep. The 5x5 is a great routine. Make sure you spend most of your weight room energy on BIG compound lifts like Squat, DL and Bench...

ICPERFECT said:
What do you guys think of the Body for life program?
The 'Body for Life' program is a 12 week program based around weight training for 45 minutes, 3 X per week and cardio on alternate days for 20 minutes, 3 X per week. Your nutritional intake is based on six small meals throughout the day for six days and then on the seventh day you can eat whatever you want and rest.

The suggested foods for this program are generally of a lower caloric value and combined with the weight training and cardio, you would expect to lose weight. The downside may be that some people will not be able to maintain this level of activity for long and will not complete the program. It is also expected that you will purchase supporting supplements to help you achieve your goals. Out of pure coincidence, the creators of Body for Life just happen to sell supplements -- EAS brand.

If you are going by the before and after pictures then keep in mind that this is only a 12 week program. While it is possible to lower body fat and define your current physique, you should not expect the physique of a bodybuilder as this takes advanced training based over many years.

Of all the diets currently available and of all the books ever written, they all follow one basic principle which does not take several hundred pages to explain or the consumption of foods you have never heard of or the purchase of supplements from a specific company:

Calories Consumed (Energy In) must be less than Calories Burned (Energy Out) for you to lose body weight.

And that is the only thing you need to rememeber and it didn't cost you anything.

KP--Fitness Basics

Top Bottom