Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eight days into anabolic diet and feel lousy

I started the metabolic or anabolic diet 8 days ago. So, for 11 days I am supposed to go without any significant carbs. Today was one of the worst workout days ever. My strength is down and it was obvious that my blood sugar was in the gutter. Does this get a lot better? If not I cant stay on this diet.
I am 50 years old and workout 5 days per week. My bodyfat had got up to 28% so I knew I needed to do something more. I have been lifting regularly for quite a few years but took 3 years off due to a back injury. Any suggestions?

Keto diets are the worst diets out there.You fill like shit bacause your not taking any carbs.
At least take in moderate carbs so you can function properly.Fact: carbs are a key component
to healthy brain function, your brain sends signals to your whole body (no fuel) no energy.

Secondly, you should be eating every 2 1/2 hrs so your metabolism is running on all cylinders
(burning fat). At your age I woudn't fuck with a keto diet to many health concerns. Up yor
cardio (morning empty stomach)at night before you go to bed.make sure diets on point.It takes time. Circut train or super set your work-outs. When doing cardio work your way up to 45 min a pop that takes time too, don't kill yourself.

well my 12 days in hell are over and I'm taking carbs again this weekend. I feel better already. I did 45 min of cardio today and will work on chest tomorrow. I go back to low carb tomorrow.

I'm now in my third week of the metabolic diet. I carbed up this weekend and felt much better. My workout were still terrible until I finally added a peanut butter sandwich 1 hour prior to my workout. Yesterday was great. I was doing leg presses with over 400 lbs and I never felt "bottomed out" as far as my blood sugar. Maybe I'm one of those that needs around 100 gms of carbs daily to function properly.

well I have lost 8 lbs this month with the diet and my BMI has gone down 2%. So I guess this diet is working. I feel fine at this point and have plenty of energy. I know it will take time to reach my goals.

Top Bottom