Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eight days into anabolic diet and feel lousy

footdoc

I started the metabolic or anabolic diet 8 days ago. So, for 11 days I am supposed to go without any significant carbs. Today was one of the worst workout days ever. My strength is down and it was obvious that my blood sugar was in the gutter. Does this get a lot better? If not I cant stay on this diet.
I am 50 years old and workout 5 days per week. My bodyfat had got up to 28% so I knew I needed to do something more. I have been lifting regularly for quite a few years but took 3 years off due to a back injury. Any suggestions?

Keep pushing through. Your body is becoming "fat adapted" and before long you will feel great and energized. It usually takes a few weeks, but once you're adapted you'll feel great. Give it some more time and see what happens. If you continue to feel weak and sluggish abort to a more traditional macro split.

Also, it might help to keep your total kcal high until you are fully adapted. Once you switch over to burning fat for fuel you can start to cut back on your total fat intake and the pounds should start to fall off.

Also, it might help to keep your total kcal high until you are fully adapted. Once you switch over to burning fat for fuel you can start to cut back on your total fat intake and the pounds should start to fall off.

Thanks a lot. I sure couldn't get much worse I feel like a bag of bones

Not much for breakfast too busy
lunch consists of a meat like red meat or chicken and a salad and vegetables
low carb high fat protein shake about 2 pm I use half and half in my shakes
peanut butter sandwich for dinner
protein shake again about 7 pm
almonds throughout the day

i recommend you ckd, not anabolic diet.. you carb up every week and you dont have to wait 2 weeks to carbup

Thanks a lot. I sure couldn't get much worse I feel like a bag of bones

One thing that a lot of pro and NPC pro bodybuilders know about is the feeling of being starved to death. When they get closer and closer to content date and stepping on stage they drop cals and carbs more and more. TO the point where they go out of there mind crazy. I have turned many of them onto forged burner for the simple fact that its the most powerful appetite suppressant ever invented, has a great thermo fat burning effects, and also help with energy and drive when you cant seem to find any.

As seen here in this thread there is a huge sale on it "buy to get one free" and 10% off+bulk price deal+free shipping
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...mrsupps-com-now-extended-may-17th-703479.html

But if you were looking for a little help I think this would do the trick for me man. Also If your diet allows for it. ANPB at night helps fight the night cravings for carbs. Peanuts,almonds and things like this help too.

Top Bottom