Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you work alone or with friend?

joeljuice

I joined new much better gym where is lot better and more machines than in my previous gym. The problem is that i dont have any training partner. The new gym locates 15 miles from my house and any of my local friends dont want to train there. All my friends that trains hard and use gear lives 55 miles from my house and i do shift work and my work out times sucks too. So it is just fucking hard to train heavy duty alone. Sure i can do every set to failure and do partials, but how in the hell i will do forced reps? It eates motivation too.

Well i guess i just have to train hard myself and try to keep motivation high.

i ususally train with my lil bro. its cool, but when i work shifts i often train alone. i just put on my headphones and make it hurt. instead of going to heavy i use alot of dropsets, it works just as well.

work with a friend, but recently been doing it alone, i think its better with a friend though, someone you can trust for spotting.

~WizKid :kaioken:

i always have a partner/spotter otherwise i cant push that extra rep, i used to train alone before and it sucks big time, :(

I have been working out alone for the past year. I use dumbbells a lot. When I do barbells I usually ask for a spot. Never seems to be a problem. I'm always asked in return to do the favor. Sometimes it's hard to find a good partner, dependant on workout hours and goals.
Good luck.

very few here are committed enough, the longes t i had a partner was a month, then he started pussying out.

alone is good....if i could meet a dedictaed partner who was serious and at a similar level, id snap nthem up

my best friend is my partner but i work mornings and he works night...... my shift changes ever 2-3 weeks and we get to train together.......

but it sucks to be alone...... no one to yell, no one to impress..... plus we know how to spot each other and what the other one can do..... thats the best part about it....... you cant get that with just anybody you ask ("hey pal can you spot me?")....... but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

MrMuscle has an excellent point...... drop sets are a good replacement..... if there is anyone there though..... tell them what you need them to do for you.... i dont mind helping someone squeeze out a few extra reps and vice versa...... but i guess that is all apart of our southern hospitality

Top Bottom