Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts

s8n

Guys, novice here. Just started doing deadlifts with the Hammer Strength squat base, you load it up and away you go, far out these feel good! I get sore calves, quads, ham's the LOT!!! i really feel it all and im not getting joint pain or anything.

I'm using VERY low weight, 75lb but am focusing on my form. I did 4 sets of arse to the floor squats before this and wow i was struggling big time wiht 75lb

I LOVE DEADLIFTS AND SQUATS!! these KICK arse..

I'm in need of bulking up, Im going upper bench, deadlifts, squats, barbell curls and seated weighted dips

Is this ok?

looks good...just focus on increasing the weight you use each week and get plenty of good food in yourself and you should grow.

If your serious about doing deadlifts stay away from the machines and start doing them with the bar from the floor. It's a little ackward to get the form right at first, but trust me, it is definitely worth it. You can't duplicate the growth you will get with it any other way.

needsize said:
If your serious about doing deadlifts stay away from the machines and start doing them with the bar from the floor. It's a little ackward to get the form right at first, but trust me, it is definitely worth it. You can't duplicate the growth you will get with it any other way.

And....once you get the form down your weight will increase very quickly:mix:

Yes, for lats I do wide grip chins, as many as I can for 4 sets.. when i can do at least 12,10,8,6 ill go weighted!

Free weight dead lifts? I might take you on and do that..

Im trying to take in as much food as possible with 30-40g of protein ever 2-4hrs..

Got up at 4.44am this morning for a protein shake, that wasnt like me. Doubt ill be doing that again :)

Thanks for the tips guys, ill let you know how I go:D

Definately get awat from the machines for deads. You're right that if you keep the form proper the weight will increase rapidly at first. This is a great excercise and you should see many benefits from it. Also do add in some more back work otherwise the routine looks nice. Keep up the squats and deads.

I hear a lot on these boards that deadlifts is a great exercise for mass building. My question is, how do you work it into a rotation since it works nearly all of the muscles? Back day? Leg Day?
Thanks.

For me it's back/shoulder day, then I take 3 days in between before I hit legs.

the only DLs i do are stiff legged ones and i do them on back day. back day and leg day are separated by about 4 days so that my hams can recover from leg day in time to do stiff leggeds. SL DLs will tear you up from your traps on down to the bottom of your hams. GREAT movement, just gotta focus on your form.

Top Bottom