Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chronic Wrist Pain

Slayerbtvs

Ive always had a weak left wrist...... but now that Ive been working out pretty consistently my condition has gotten worse... Its gotten to the point where its hindered my performance in many of my workouts? My question to you guys... is this normal? is there anythign i could do to prevent more pain...? any good meds (from tylenol to some health food shit) to relieve the pain before I work out? basically.. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Thanks in advance for your replies!
-Matt

do you have full rotation of your wrist? when does it hurt. at what point? is it when you flex your wrist? or when you twist it. give some details.

just so you know, when i hurt my wrist. no arms for 3 months limited pressing and limited range of motion for back work too. if you cant pronate or supinate without pain. you have to lay off and let it heal, no amount of tylenol will heal tendons.

My left wrist was considerably weaker than my right also, however weight training has helped that problem in my case. As bignate suggested test if you have a full range of motion in your left wrist (curl it clockwise and anti-clockwise and compare to you right wrist).

Have you tried wearing a wrist strap?

hardgainer (pump)

for a while, give your wrists a break:

* Throw out some movenments:
- upricht row

* Change some movements to more neutral grip
- Hammer curl instead of regular db curl
- rope pushdowns instead of regular pushdowns
- db skull crushers instead of barbell skull crushers
- parallel grip pull pulldown instead of regular
- EZ barbell curl instead of straight bar

* Throw in specific endurance wrist training:
- 4 sets of 40(!!!) reps bb wrist curl
- 4 sets of 40(!!!) reps db wrist curl
There will pump a lot of blood in the fore-arm wrist area
without using too heavy weight. Your wrist should be sufficiently warmud-up/lubricated for other exercises to follow and the amount of blood/nutrients/oxygen will help tendons to heal faster.

* Do cable movements instead of explosive free weights
- scott cable curl instead of scott bb curl
etc... be creative, train hard train smart
:)

Yeh I do have full range of motion in my entire wrist... and today it feels fine when yesterday I was in alot lot of pain.... I just don't get it.. I think I am going to buy a wrist strap and just take it easy for a lil while.. Thanks guys
-Matt

Top Bottom