Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest and Tris - They have plateaued. Help with a new routine for mass

blood_drinker

This is my chest and tris routine

chest
-----------
(note: all exercises are pyramided down, 12,10,8,6)
Flat - 4 sets
Incline- 4 sets
DB press (with hands dbs parallel to body) - 4 sets
Cable crossovers- 4 sets

tris
------------
cable pulldowns- 4 sets
close grip bench- 4 sets
skull crushers- 4 sets

I want to add some dips. What else?

looks to me like you are doing too many pressing exercises...if you are going to do flat bench then don't go over and do d/b benches also.you're doing thesame move twice,then your doing close grip.do your flat bench,incline,then throw in 3 sets of cables at the end.done for chest.when you get bored with thatswitch up and come in and hit heavy d/b n the flat bench and so on......i know alot of people hate this but what about a seperate day for tri's?i get a better workout when i do tri's on a different day and just concentrate on them.everybody is different and that's cool.that's just what worked for me.for tri's i would do the pushdowns to start ,just to warm elbows then i would use straight bar french presses as my mass exercise,then switch back to ez curl when you get bored.then you can throw a dumbell tri exercise at the end.....just my .02,brother!
37.gif
talk is cheap

the mann ,i agree.
but bros, look at the following things

1) My db press isnt the conventional one. Its the dbs parallel to body , thus allowing a much better stretch. (http://www.ast-ss.com) great results so far, its been superb.

2) My routine now is this

ches tris

legs

back bis traps rear and side delts

------
where am i going to fit in tris? Day 3 is way too intense to bring in tris? How about legs?

Try doing your skull crushers with a reverse grip. I started doing them a while ago. Now I cant go back to regular. I have yet to see anyone else do them. They're hard on your wrists at first, but keep at it.

best tri buster

okay if you don't mind looking a little prissy, and just want a really good tricep burner, do this (i say prissy cuz you will have to use pretty light weights to complete your sets)

get a decline bench, two dbs and do tri extensions from the declined position... (the resistance never lets up so this one will get knock you on your butt by about the 7th or 8th rep)...

don't knock it until ya tri it :)

I think you're doing too much, I do a couple of sets of db press for the chest and another movement, like db flyes or cable crossovers. For triceps I do one set of weighted dips and close grip bench. I used to do cable pulldowns, but dropped them because they just didn't really add anything special.

gymtime said:
Try doing your skull crushers with a reverse grip. I started doing them a while ago. Now I cant go back to regular. I have yet to see anyone else do them. They're hard on your wrists at first, but keep at it.

Whatsup bro? How are reverse-grip skullcrushers any better then regular? I dont understand that bro they seem like theyd work the same... can you handle more weight or what? Lemme know bro. Peace. :D

About your chest workout I would seriously include dips leaning forward and flaring your elbows out... with weight depending on your strength. I would try adding heavy dumbell flat flyes to your routine really focus on the stretch. Worked wonders for my chest.

I would also drop close-grip bench that never did jack for me. I would start your workout with lying or DECLINE ez-curl bar extensions, (decline ext. work great for me) move onto strict and heavy pressdowns and finish with one-dumbbell overhead extensions. This workout is always good for me.

This is not an insult but i've noticed that you seem to be plateauing on a lot of exercises. I think you should re-evaluate your diet.

Also, you do too much volume! Reduce sets.

Are you on gear?

Top Bottom