Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheer me up please...

I started getting on him a little bit because I was the only one putting in any effort - he hasn't driven to MI since the first weekend in October, and I've driven there almost every other single weekend; and I was the one always initiating phone calls/texts etc. So about a week ago I get the... "I told you I wanted to move slow and maybe I don't feel the same way as you do right now" and that he wasn't ready for these "expectations" for lack of better words...

I'm not texting him and not calling him because he needs space, and then finally he calls around 9pm and by this time I was so worked up and disappointed that he didn't care to call earlier and make sure I was okay - that of course I had to say something that expressed my disappointment that he waited that long to call... he got super super upset, basically hung up on me...

Yesterday he didn't answer my phone call, didn't respond to any text messages.

I told you a month ago why this was going to fail, typical of a woman to reject reason.

Men like to chase, and you're running directly at him at full speed. Women make this mistake all the time.

"he who cares least in the relationship - has all the power".

I think I know where you stand in that formula. So move on and find another guy. I think EF has a lot of single guys so you don't have to look far!

c

stop being such a pussy. Life could always be worse, suck it up.

Exactly.

Rachel...at the end of the day, you're a hot chick with a good job. Sure, life could be better...BUT..life really isn't all that rough when you break it down like that, is it?

It's all about perspective; instead of dwelling on the guy it didn't work with, concentrate on how you are now free to find a guy who's even better AND local (long distance is crap...it's good for a fling, nothing more). Instead of agonizing over the job you didn't get, concentrate on how you can now concentrate on going after an even better job.

Keep in mind the seasonal blah is probably making your mood over recent events even worse. Go for a tan, plan something fun with the girlfriends, whatever...do anything but sit around and mope.

You guys know how things work for me... I like somebody or something, I get super excited - things fall apart.
Before Christmas I was flown to Indy by Crowe Horwath to interview for a new Sales Associate position for their Healthcare Professional Services arm - I interviewed with 4 people back to back, all the way up to the Partner for that division. I thought things went great. I received super feedback from the HR recruiter and they said they'd be in contact after the Holidays. My first email a couple weeks ago was that they were finishing up interviews and would be in contact with next steps. Then it was they were finishing up interviews and would have a decision shortly... then Friday I received the email that I wasn't selected... 6 weeks worth of angst.

To make matters worse, things with Nate have gone totally down the tubes. I started getting on him a little bit because I was the only one putting in any effort - he hasn't driven to MI since the first weekend in October, and I've driven there almost every other single weekend; and I was the one always initiating phone calls/texts etc. So about a week ago I get the... "I told you I wanted to move slow and maybe I don't feel the same way as you do right now" and that he wasn't ready for these "expectations" for lack of better words... and that I needed to give him space. Okay fine. So then Friday afternoon I get the rejection letter from Crowe, and I emailed it to him and I got a quick email back that he's sorry and he had good feelings about it. In the meantime, I'm just devastated... in my head I was going to get this job and move to Indy and I was just ready for a change. So I'm crying all day - I'm not texting him and not calling him because he needs space, and then finally he calls around 9pm and by this time I was so worked up and disappointed that he didn't care to call earlier and make sure I was okay - that of course I had to say something that expressed my disappointment that he waited that long to call... he got super super upset, basically hung up on me...

Yesterday he didn't answer my phone call, didn't respond to any text messages. First day since we've met that we haven't talked at all. So now I'm thinking - I have no control whether or not I even get to talk to him again? All this time and emotion and all that driving and all those weekends... ? I feel like I deserve at least a conversation saying that things aren't going to work out right now? Would he really just totally stop talking to me? I'm hoping he's just exercising the "I need space" and time to think... and I'm trying to do that...

I'm just bummed. :(

I recommend ice cream out of the tub, watching chick flicks with the girls and some time to do some fun stuff that you haven't done in a while.
motherly advice: one door closes, and another door opens...you're too good to waste your tears on some bum. chin up, rachel...lol.

Sorry :(

i'm so sad. just kind of sitting here in blank space with absolutely no excitement about anything. :( and i'm hungry and there's no food here. and I'm sick I can hardly breathe. :(

Rach, you are young, career driven and free enough to do nearly anything you want. I say this with as much kindness as I can. Stop the pity party.

That dude wasn't good enough for you. I think many here will agree with me on that. And the right job will surface for you. It will be one that you love in a new and exciting place I'm sure. Just be patient and don't get so down, girl. Something better will come along.
:rose::heart:

Top Bottom