Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Check out my routine is it worth a shit ?

I had gone to a private school where sports was the number one priority. I played a load of rugby but more Lacrosse. I wish the rest of me would catch up :)

Big4life and some others made some good points. Find time for that accessory work (abs,rear delts,forearms,traps,calves). Also Id go with 15 sets minimum for back and legs and 12 sets minimum for all the smaller body parts. Accessory bodyparts, 4-6 sets should be decent, but you can experiment with that. This has worked best for me. Id take most of your sets to failure, aside from warm-ups. You can experiment with all different rep ranges. 12-15 reps got me alot of size. Hope that helps!

walkingbeast,
im a little suprised the 12-15 rep range is where you got your size and probably strength from. I have always been under the impression that you would burn more than build with that many reps. I have been quite successful in gaining size from the 3 sets of 10reps deal at the same weight.

cwick0 said:
walkingbeast,
im a little suprised the 12-15 rep range is where you got your size and probably strength from. I have always been under the impression that you would burn more than build with that many reps. I have been quite successful in gaining size from the 3 sets of 10reps deal at the same weight.

It would seem unlikely but it worked real well for me, especially in my first years training. These days, my training is mostly instinctual and I incorporate the whole spectrum of rep ranges in my routines. Really, Id say experiment with different rep ranges to failure and see how your body responds. I believe also, that you will get strong in the way you train. For example, if you do 5 reps all the time youll develop 5 rep strength. Atleast to some degree. I think thats why I have so much muscle endurance, the high reps, lots of sets and high intensity on a daily basis since I started training. Hypertrophy is another issue, and it doesnt necessarily come with strength as many believe. 12-15 reps seems to be an ideal range for me to gain muscle for a bodybuilding routine. I actually like the way I train now, better. I get all types of rep ranges to failure. I think the main thing is that you get the work in and push yourself to the maximum each set. Id say, try 12-15 reps to failure for each set for a while and see where it takes you. Usually when I can get a weight for 10, I can almost always manage 12, so its very difficult to pin point a ten rep weight. I just push myself to complete failure, may even cheat up a couple of reps depending on the movement. Hope that helps!!

I used to do what you're doing now kind of, but then I split it up even more.

Chest and triceps - just seemed like my tricep routine suffered because they would be toasted after a bunch of pressing movements.

back and biceps - same could be said for these two together

now my split looks like this:
Day 1: Chest and Biceps
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Shoulder and Triceps
Day 4: off
Day 5: Back and Traps
Day 6: Off
rinse and repeat

it looks like you do a lot of high rep sets on bench, dont know if you benefit from that - I havent tried it. But you could try starting at 135 and then working your way up the pyramid to your set of 4

your back might need some more exercises

this is what I do and it has worked well for me

chest and biceps
-Bench Press sets of 10,8,6,4 reps
-Incline Bench sets of 10,8,6,4
-DB Flies 3 sets of 8-10
-Standing bb curls - 4 sets
-DB preacher curls 3 sets
-Hammer Curls 3 sets
-sometimes curl bar at the end to finish it off

Legs
-Squats - 5 sets
-Leg Extensions - 3 sets
-Leg curls - 3 sets
-A multitude of calf raises

Shoulder and Triceps
-Close Grip Bench Press 4 sets
-Weighted Dips - 4 sets
-Military Press - 3or 4 sets
-Lateral Raises - 3 sets
-Front Raises - 3 sets (usually toast by this point)
-Skull crushers with a curl bar - 3sets

Back and Traps
-Weighted pullups(low added weight lol) 3 or 4 sets
-BB rows - 4 sets
-Seated Cable Rows - 4 sets
-SLDL - 4 sets
-BB shrugs (bar in front and back) 3 sets of each
-Rear Delt Raises
(I would throw in db rows but I work out at home and only have up to 60lb db's)

Each muscle group gets worked twice a week, once directly and once indirectly (sort of). Unfortunately shoulders take quite a beating so I might not do as many shoulder exercises as I listed. My reps usually range between 10 and 8, but if I think I can pump out 2 more than I will (thankyou mr. metzner).

Top Bottom