Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building a Big/Strong Back Swains Way

louden_swain said:
All I know is that in 1999, my arms were 17.5 inches fully bloated.

At the time, I was using 10 to 12 sets for each muscle group.

Muscle maturity occurs differently for all people. Stallone looks great for his age and I think he is around 205 to 215lbs.

i know what you mean..in 1997..i had 17 inch arms and they were the biggest arms in my class. at that time i was like more teens..focusing on chest and arms only...muscle maturity is a godsend for us!! tb

WalkingBeast said:
Damn Louden! Sounds like your one of those "strong boys". Thats some freaky strength! Your arms look alot bigger then 17.5!

He said 17.5 in 1999. ;)

Louden good to see you back I love your posts. :)

My back is still injured...can't do barbell rows or deadlifts...can't wait to get back in there and train.

MJBossman said:

He said 17.5 in 1999. ;)

Louden good to see you back I love your posts. :)

My back is still injured...can't do barbell rows or deadlifts...can't wait to get back in there and train.

I here you about the back . . the lower back takes the longest to recover. I suffered a strain and it sill acts up every now and then, which prevents me from using heavier weights sometimes. The only thing you can do is perform some light rehab work and use exercises that avoid inflicting pain in the area. An injured lower back makes training difficult. . . squats, deads, and rows are all affected.

Warpath said:
Swain, what kind of rep scheme do you feel is best from growing arms?

Lately, I have been using 3 sets of 10.

I suffered from severed tendonitis from using heavy weights, so I cut back the weights and focused on volume. Here are some possibilities:

1. Barbell Curls - 3 x 10
2. Hammer Curls - 2 x 10

1. Barbell Preacher Curls - 3 x 10
2. Incline DB Curls - 2 x 10

Overall, keeping the volume relatively low is the best solution since the arms are heavily targetting by primary exercises. Other ingredients include plenty of food and rest.

Top Bottom