Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bluebird's Flight to Fancy Schmancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBird

Naptime F-18er
Platinum
I thought I'd restart a journal but I will not be continuiing Shadow's Plan because I believe it would be disrespectful to exploit his labor, here. I am thankful for having been introduced into proper training and nutrition via his research.

Anywhoo, as you guys can guess I've been somewhat negligant in regards to eating clean and my wts schedule. My preliminary plan is to resume cardio at 6x a week (mon-wed-fri: HIIT) (tues-thur-sat: Treadmill), and wts, 5x a week. I've been looking at Arnold's classic wo and thought I could reconstruct and reduce it to something feasible for myself.

To my novice eyes, this schedule looks like full-body wo's every day??

MON-WED-FRI
CHEST
BENCH PRESS 5/10 REP___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FLAT BENCH FLIES 5/10___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
INCLINE BENCH PRESS 6/10________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CABLE CROSSOVERS 6/20________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DIPS 5 TO FAIL__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DUMBBELL PULLOVERS 5/10_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BACK
CHINUPS 6 TO FAIL_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
T-BAR ROWS 5/10________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SEATED PULLEY ROWS 6/20________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ONE ARM DB ROWS 5/10___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
STRAIGHT LEG DEADS 6/15_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LEGS
SQUATS 6/10_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
PRESS 6/12_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EXT 6/12_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CURLS 6/10_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
BARBELL LUNGE 5/15_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CALVES
STANDING 10/10___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SEATED 8/15______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ONE LEG RAISE W/DB 6/12___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FOREARMS
WRIST CURL 4/10___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REV BB CURL 4/8__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ABS
SITUPS____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REV______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCISSORS_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TUES-THUR-SAT
BICEPS
BARBELL CURL 6/10_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SEATED DB CURL 6/10_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DB CURLS 6/10___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS 6/10_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
PUSHDOWN 6/10_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
BB FRENCH PRESS 6/10____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ONE ARM DB TRI EXT 6/10__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SHOULDERS
SEATED BB PRESS 6/10____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
LAT RAISE STANDING 6/10__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REAR DELT LAT RAISE 5/10_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CABLE LAT RAISE 5/10_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CALVES
STANDING 10/10___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SEATED 8/15______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ONE LEG RAISE W/DB 6/12___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FOREARMS
WRIST CURL 4/10___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REV BB CURL 4/8__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ABS
SITUPS____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REV______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's no way I can do all these sets 6x a week, so I guess my question is: of the above routines which would be the most beneficial for each bodypart?

As before, I'll be using Fitday to keep track of my macros.

Thanks ladies. :)

WOW, hun, Arnie is a god, I was at his training seminar this morning, but really for most people, his routine would be overtraining.

If you are used to training, doing this for a week or two max may break a plateau or good for a change, but really, if you are spending any more than one hour in the gym weight training, you are overtraining.

I would either do a full body with one exercise per bodypart two or three times a week, or drop at least three exercises from most of the bodyparts.

Tatyana said:
WOW, hun, Arnie is a god, I was at his training seminar this morning, but really for most people, his routine would be overtraining.

If you are used to training, doing this for a week or two max may break a plateau or good for a change, but really, if you are spending any more than one hour in the gym weight training, you are overtraining.

I would either do a full body with one exercise per bodypart two or three times a week, or drop at least three exercises from most of the bodyparts.

Thanks Tatyana:) Yep, I'm a big fan of his too.

I was thinking of following each of the routines above but cutting the sets from 6 to 2 or 3, and 2-3 per body part.

BlueBird said:
Thanks Tatyana:) Yep, I'm a big fan of his too.

I was thinking of following each of the routines above but cutting the sets from 6 to 2 or 3, and 2-3 per body part.

That might be more doable.....Welcome to Ef... :heart:

Think on it this way - larger muscle groups can be worked harder whereas smaller ones don't need as much. For example - legs can be trained up to 20 sets per session whereas 20 sets for biceps would be INSANE. Abs and calves need only be trained every other workout.

Does this help?

PS - I have recently started walking up the stairs to my office - 11 flights to be exact. I do that at least once, no more than 3 times per day, 5 days p/week. Four sessions of aquatics (between 20 and 30 minutes depending on how early I could get my sorry ass out of bed) and my ass is leaning out and hardening up very nicely.

As I start to see results I clean my diet up more and more. It sucks to kill yourself only to get *eh* results.

Welcome to the board! :)

BIKINIMOM said:
Think on it this way - larger muscle groups can be worked harder whereas smaller ones don't need as much. For example - legs can be trained up to 20 sets per session whereas 20 sets for biceps would be INSANE. Abs and calves need only be trained every other workout.

Does this help?

Yes, it does, thanks BKM. I will eliminate the calves on tues/thur/sat. I did do half the sets for biceps the other day and they still hurt.

cindylou said:
wtf?

what happened?

K note:)

March 3rd

AM Cardio-3 mile jog on trail

M1-Protein Shake w/jumpstart juice
1 tb milled flax seed

M2-1 cup tomato soup
4 rice cakes

M3-Protein Shake w/jumpstart juice
1 tb milled flax seed

M4-1 cup mixed berries
4 rice cakes

M5-8 ounces tilapia
1 sm red potato
Green beans

Total Calories-1165
Protein-33%
Carbs-50%
Fat-18%

Obviously I overdid it with the carbs, but I swear rice cakes are satan's bon-bons. I'm going to have to eliminate those completely, they are just too tempting.

I'll log my wts for tonight, tommorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom