Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bluebird's Flight to Fancy Schmancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueBird said:
K note:)

March 3rd

AM Cardio-3 mile jog on trail

M1-Protein Shake w/jumpstart juice
1 tb milled flax seed

M2-1 cup tomato soup
4 rice cakes

M3-Protein Shake w/jumpstart juice
1 tb milled flax seed

M4-1 cup mixed berries
4 rice cakes

M5-8 ounces tilapia
1 sm red potato
Green beans

Total Calories-1165
Protein-33%
Carbs-50%
Fat-18%

Obviously I overdid it with the carbs, but I swear rice cakes are satan's bon-bons. I'm going to have to eliminate those completely, they are just too tempting.

I'll log my wts for tonight, tommorrow.

The only comment I can make about the diet is too many carbs (as you have already noted) and not enough protein. If you are still hungry, add more veggies. If you are STILL hungry then add a bit of fat. And remember to have one CHEAT DAY a week. Also do not train too many days a week. Honestly, I find I make the best progress taking two FULL days off in every seven day cycle.

Gymgurl said:
YAY!!!! Your back!

:heart: Thanks, GG!

bikinimom said:
The only comment I can make about the diet is too many carbs (as you have already noted) and not enough protein. If you are still hungry, add more veggies. If you are STILL hungry then add a bit of fat. And remember to have one CHEAT DAY a week. Also do not train too many days a week. Honestly, I find I make the best progress taking two FULL days off in every seven day cycle.

Good advice, thank you. I think I will take the sixth day of cardio off-I really hate it anyway-lol.

March 3rd wts

Chest
Bench pres 10/10/10 @ 50#
Flat bench flies 12/12/12 @ 15#
Incline Bench 10/10/10 50#
DB Pullovers 12/12/12 @ 15#

Back
Chinups 12/12/12
Seated pulley rows 20/20/20 at 25% bdy wt
Hypers 15/15/15
One arm db rows 10/10/10/10/10 15#

Legs
Squats w/bb 12/12/12 50#
Press 20/20/20 50% bdy wt
Ext 10/10/10 45/55/75
Curls 10/10/10 45/55

Calves
Standing raise 20/20/20 50#
Seated 10/10/10/10 75#
One leg raise w/db 10/10/10 25#

Abs
Situps 20/20/20
rev 20/20/20
Scissors 20/20/20

I know these weights are pretty sad. :worried:

Last edited:
Cardio rocks girl come on lol....They can't be sad...YOUR DOING IT! Mine are super low...for about another month...Keep it up and glad your here!

needtogetaas said:
:)

Gymgurl said:
Cardio rocks girl come on lol....They can't be sad...YOUR DOING IT! Mine are super low...for about another month...Keep it up and glad your here
:D I think I need to find something I'd enjoy more than the treadmill. Nice thing that the trails here are nice and clear, though.

March 4th
Am 30 min Cardio on Treadmill

PM
Biceps
BB Curls 10/10/10 35#
Seated DB curl 12 @ 10 15#
DB Curl 6 @ 10 15#
Close grip BP 12/12./12 50#
Pushdown 12/12/12 % of BW

Shoulders
Seated BB Press 12/12/12 % of BW
Lat Raise 12/12/12 15#
Shoulder shrugs 10/10/10 75#
Cable Lat Raise 12/12/12 % of BW

M1-Protein Shake w/jumpstart juice
1 tb Flax seed
M2-1 can tuna
1 tb mayo
2 Rice cakes
M3-Protein Shake w/jumpstart juice
M4-Chicken
Green beans
Red Potato
moz cheese
M5-Protein Shake w/jumpstart juice
Cup of mixed berries

Cal-1169
Protein-43%
Carb-26%
Fat-32%

BlueBird said:
:heart: Thanks, GG!

Good advice, thank you. I think I will take the sixth day of cardio off-I really hate it anyway-lol.

March 3rd wts

Chest
Bench pres 10/10/10 @ 50#
Flat bench flies 12/12/12 @ 15#
Incline Bench 10/10/10 50#
DB Pullovers 12/12/12 @ 15#

Back
Chinups 12/12/12
Seated pulley rows 20/20/20 at 25% bdy wt
Hypers 15/15/15
One arm db rows 10/10/10/10/10 15#

Legs
Squats w/bb 12/12/12 50#
Press 20/20/20 50% bdy wt
Ext 10/10/10 45/55/75
Curls 10/10/10 45/55

Calves
Standing raise 20/20/20 50#
Seated 10/10/10/10 75#
One leg raise w/db 10/10/10 25#

Abs
Situps 20/20/20
rev 20/20/20
Scissors 20/20/20

I know these weights are pretty sad. :worried:

Did you do all of this in one day, or is this your work-out plan?

I am also with Kini on the calories, and on the lack of protein. a

How much do you weigh hun?

I have dieting with rice cakes, and I still have them on occasion, but if you want an easy and quick carb source, get something like Ezekial bread.

Rice cakes are more of a treat when dieting, or great post workout for quick carbs.

BIKINIMOM said:
Your calories seem very low... tell me that you don't keep them THAT low every day.

No, I come in somewhere around 1300-1400. I have just been kind of sick for the past couple of weeks.:(

Tatyana said:
Did you do all of this in one day, or is this your work-out plan?

I am also with Kini on the calories, and on the lack of protein. a

How much do you weigh hun?

I have dieting with rice cakes, and I still have them on occasion, but if you want an easy and quick carb source, get something like Ezekial bread.

Rice cakes are more of a treat when dieting, or great post workout for quick carbs.

This is what I did in one day, on Mon/wed/fri...it is actually half per day of the Arnold wo I posted. Tues and thur-biceps shoulders...I was thinking of moving the ab wo to these days. And again, the sets are only half of the suggested routine.

In weight I hover around 127 at a hair under 5'6".

I will check out the Ezekial bread. Thanks Tatyana! :)

BlueBird said:
No, I come in somewhere around 1300-1400. I have just been kind of sick for the past couple of weeks.:(

This is what I did in one day, on Mon/wed/fri...it is actually half per day of the Arnold wo I posted. Tues and thur-biceps shoulders...I was thinking of moving the ab wo to these days. And again, the sets are only half of the suggested routine.

In weight I hover around 127 at a hair under 5'6".

I will check out the Ezekial bread. Thanks Tatyana! :)

Hun, no wonder you are sick, you are over-training, and on very few calories.

That is A LOT of training five day a week.

More is not better, especially with weights.

I went to Arnie's training lecture at the Arnold Classic, and he was very surprised to find that all the competitors who won their classes, and also answered questions about their training, were not training 4 or 5 hours a day.

That school of thought that more is better will work when you are very young and genetically gifted, but in the long term.

Most of the winners trained with weights no more than one hour/day, and often only 4-5 days per week.

One of the top exercise doctors who writes for MD mag also spoke and said if you are spending any more than one hour in the gym training with weights, you are not doing something right.

Your body needs time to recover, intense exercise suppresses the immune system, and has cortisol released (which will eat away at your muscle).

Elite athletes are always balancing overtraining with what it takes to win, but the operative word is also elite/top athletes.

Most of us just don't have the genetics to train like that all the time.

Agreed Ms Tatyana on the over-training thing. Arnold is a bodybuilding legend - NO DOUBT. However, since "back in the day" through the benefit of years of research (the fitness industry is a multi-BILLION dollar industry in the US so of course a lot of time and money has gone into finding what does and doesn't work, not to mention all of the charlotans who are making megabucks taking advantage of the general population's lack of basic human physiology) great advances have been made.

You shouldn't and don't HAVE TO train the way it was thought was necessary to train "back in the day."

I never EVER spend more than one hour a day in the gym since I have no need to compete. For my own personal fitness goals I am in and out sometimes in 30 minutes. I have begun supplementing my aquatic workouts with a trek up the stairs at work, 11 flights no more than 3 times a day, 5 days per week. I will alternate the wieght workouts with aquatic every two weeks. So far, so good. :)

Oh and my genetics suck ass. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom