Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
Oh, we do front squat, but it is considered more of an assistance exercise. It does have good carryover to the atlas stones, and does help the back squat. WHile we have done them in my group, as a general rule I think the overhead squat is generally ignored. I'm not sure I could answer why either. But then again, I would venture to guess that it would be put into the assistance category as well.

B-
I understand. You guys are competitors though - y'all do meets and stuff, right? I am not looking to do anything of the sort. I do this for recreation and therefore while for you strength comes #1, for me, longevity is the most important thing. OH Squats help MASSIVELY with Hip Mobility - something I need therefore they are in there. I am pretty sure you guys already have good mobility :)

I understand. You guys are competitors though - y'all do meets and stuff, right? I am not looking to do anything of the sort. I do this for recreation and therefore while for you strength comes #1, for me, longevity is the most important thing. OH Squats help MASSIVELY with Hip Mobility - something I need therefore they are in there. I am pretty sure you guys already have good mobility :)

Are you kidding me? I can barely reach around and wipe my own arse! I just like Dave Tate, I have to count the number of reps it takes to bend over and tie my shoes (I'm at 6 BTW).

B-

Are you kidding me? I can barely reach around and wipe my own arse! I just like Dave Tate, I have to count the number of reps it takes to bend over and tie my shoes (I'm at 6 BTW).

B-
Hahaha...Tate is a different story though, dude....guy's got too many injuries. Have you seen those x-ray reports he published a while back?

Hahaha...Tate is a different story though, dude....guy's got too many injuries. Have you seen those x-ray reports he published a while back?

Yea, last time I was in his office, he got out of his chair and I swear I could hear all the hardware creaking like a poorly oiled hinge.

When I told him he sounded like a rusty Tin Man he told me to "Shut the f*ck up."

B-

what exactly is it that has caused all his injuries? is it same sort of thing that is restricting jim wendler too?

Years and years of massive PL training at it's highest level.

Its sort of like saying why doest that retired NFL player walk so stiff?

B-

Years and years of massive PL training at it's highest level.

Its sort of like saying why doest that retired NFL player walk so stiff?

B-

how is it already starting to take it toll on Jim when he isnt even 35 yet? do you know how old he actually is?

It's because these guys just trained balls to the wall all the damn time. Not all athletes get burnt out - check out the eastern bloc guys and the russians...They're healthy as hell.

However, these guys didn't do the stuff they do now. For example, Rhodes did like 100 pistol squats a few months ago lol...They've been doing these corrective exercises NOW and so far it's benefitting Wendler coz he's bouncing back with some solid numbers.

how is it already starting to take it toll on Jim when he isnt even 35 yet? do you know how old he actually is?

Im not sure exactly how old Jim is. But remember 2 things. 1) Jim was a serious college football player & still carries problems from that. 2) he is also the sales manager for EliteFTS.

Also, as you'll find as you are in this much longer, the details of your injuries become less and less fodder for conversation. Especially when thier detailed exposure may affect your bearing in the sport or business.

Finally some injuries aren't career ending by themselves, but rather lead the athlete to reconsider things & what they want their lives to be like when they are my age.

B-

Im not sure exactly how old Jim is. But remember 2 things. 1) Jim was a serious college football player & still carries problems from that. 2) he is also the sales manager for EliteFTS.

Also, as you'll find as you are in this much longer, the details of your injuries become less and less fodder for conversation. Especially when thier detailed exposure may affect your bearing in the sport or business.

Finally some injuries aren't career ending by themselves, but rather lead the athlete to reconsider things & what they want their lives to be like when they are my age.

B-

ah OK, but why does playing football make such a differance?

I sometimes worry a little about what I will be like when Im 40, the fact that I get shin splints and joint pain from too much running or walking kinda worries me at my age, and the fact I have had 3 pretty big injuries in 2009 also isnt nice to hear about especially as I got the same injury twice...

Top Bottom